Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high before a surgery

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by John Lennon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. I have a surgery, I have a "mole" (not sure if thats the name for that thing that appears in your skin or just the animal). Im going to the hospital in 1 hour. They are going to put me anesthesia in my chin. Im actually not considering doing it, just wondering.

A friend told me that I might get paranoid

2. you probably will, just don't sweat it man

3. Moleyy moley moleyyyyy moleyy moleeeeeeeeee

4. For a local anesthetic, no problem! :D

If you were going to be put under, however, it is a totally a different story! Cannabis can interact with some general anesthetics! With propofol, as an example, it takes more to keep you under! And you certainly DON'T want to wake up in the middle of an operation! :eek:

Induction dose of propofol in patients using cannabis. (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE : Induction dose of propofol in patients using cannabi

Granny :wave:

5. When are you even going to find the time to smoke right before the operation? you aren't even going to be awake.

6. Hahaha! Austin power!

7. id save it till your home. Your gonna go to sleep when u get there anyways.

8. I would probably start over thinking the surgery and get paranoid

[quote name='"Elechronic"']"What do you think Sarge, do you think this is paraphernalia?" "Well, it does say 'weed loading surface' on it."

9. Had no idea. Great piece of information granny :wave: