Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high and going to sleep

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Holocron, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I've been doing this since about an hour after my first smoke sesh. These days, however, it just isn't the same. In fact, while it used to put me straight to sleep, it now keeps me awake. It's as if my brain can't stop processing all these random thoughts thrown at it by my subconscious. I've actually found that when I do get to sleep after smoking, I still listen to everything around me. By that, I mean if I'm asleep and someone says my name, I will respond to them. Even if they're yelling to me from the other side of the house, I'll yell back and nod right back off. I've heard a coke can spilling on my bedside table and instantly woke up to pick it up before it made too much of a mess.

It sucks, considering I became so dependent on using it as a sleep aid in the past.

2. Try either:

A.) Smoking earlier before you go to bed

or

B.) Taking a break from smoking entirely for a bit.

3. Smoke mids, knocks me out like a bear

4. Try not drinking caffeine after say 4pm, invest in some valerian sleep pills.

Trust me, this will definitely sort out your problem. Don't use weed to cover up your problem of not being able to sleep, find the root of the problem.

5. Valerian+Melatonin+A Heavy Indica= Good Sleep

6. I used to rely on weed way too much to fall asleep. Freshman year it was bad... I couldn't sleep without it.

7. Smoking to help with sleep is one of the main reasons I do it, but I dont necessarily have to smoke right before bed, I could smoke at any point of the day just once and be straight. I have too much excess energy pretty much, I need to start liftin weights again.

8. You may just be smoking a strong sativa before bed, thats what puts your mind on pins and needles, almost making you alert in a different way.
    Try what oldskoolgrower said, find a good indica something that will make you crash in less then an hour, blaze this before bed and you'll sleep like a baby, undisturbed all night.

9. main reason why i smoke is to put me asleep. i have had problems falling asleep since i was really young

10. Sounds like me when I try to go to sleep on mushrooms!

11. I get the same sort of thing happen to me, i think the sativa vs indica is a good point, lately I'v tried to smoke sativa during the day and a heavy indica at night. It works great, I can sleep for days! I think it works if you like toke up on some indica, then surf the net or listen to some tunes for a while and then its easier to sleep rather than toking and then going to sleep straight away. Movies are good too, like spark a spliff at the start of it and by the end I guarantee you'll be able to sleep, if you're not conked out already!

12. Good point about Indica/Sativa. I have been smoking a lot of mids lately, so no way to tell the ratio. As for the root of the problem, I think I'm just too tense and alert. I've been through a lot. It's not easy to 'turn the switch off' once you've had it on for so long. That's how weed used to help me sleep. Now it's completely counter-productive and has the exact opposite effect.

To whoever said it's time for a break, you speak words of wisdom.

13. i like smoking before sleep.. the waking up part sucks bigtime though :(

14. Hey Buddie,
    "The time has come to accept that our nation's attitude toward marijuana has been misguided for generations and that the only rational approach to cannabis is to legalize, regulate and tax it."

15. Hey Buddie,
    "The time has come to accept that our nation's attitude toward marijuana has been misguided for generations and that the only rational approach to cannabis is to legalize, regulate and tax it."

16. I guess you like the huskies.....I do as well,I love the Labs.Especially yellows!.

17. I guess you like the huskies.....I do as well,I love the Labs.Especially yellows!.

18. I smoke before I go to bed just about every night. It makes me fall asleep faster and experience a much deeper sleep.

19. i have this exact same problem, i have been getting some really good heads that are kinda a head high, when i used to smoking mids, but just got some mids to test this theory tonight