Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Gross Bong Hits Recently

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cheech365, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Clean your slide, when it gets caked up with resin and your torching the bowl, its ganna taste like shit

2. Nobody questions the bud? :confused_2:  Op, hows the bud you are smoking? Can we get a pic of that too? Could just be the the bud. 

But a better bong would make a big difference also.

3. i thought the bud at first but ive been through 3 strains from different people while trying to figure it outSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Get a ash catcher, Use a screen, Put some ice in there it will catch the ash coming through, Or just buy a new bong.

5. the part i dont understand is how this exact setup was fine 2 weeks agoSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. if the weed is somehow getting wet from the bottom of the bowl could it cause this?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I don't think that would cause it maybe the bad taste but not ash coming through.

8. your right ive been testing that, im completely stumped and its frustrating me so muchSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. is it possible to be putting the lighter too close?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Well I have never had that problem but then again I have never got ash in my mouth smoking a bong. Just make sure you aren't sucking bong water up into your mouth also like I said try putting some down in there the ice should catch some of the stuff also woul make the hits less harsh and might help with taste other than that I have no clue

11. Don't you already have another forum post about this?

12. ya i thought if i used different words more people may see itSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #33 DriftingApart, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    If you're not satisfied, then as others have said keep trying to change up your setup until you find something that works for you.  I recently bought an 8 arm perc ash catcher for my straight tube bong about the same size as your beaker and it makes it so much smoother, a lot more than I thought it would be able to change actually.

Perhaps look into getting a carbon filter also, I've heard that using one can make your hits extremely smooth, although the taste is altered slightly, yet that might be what you're looking for.  Some people prefer the taste, others don't, you just have to find out for yourself.

Also, have you ever used hemp wick/beeline?  It changes the taste (for the better in my opinion) by leaving out all of that butane that's coming out of your lighter, and hemp wick isn't all that expensive too, especially if you buy in bulk.

If you're interested in vaporizers too, I recommend any 7th floor products.  I've had a SSV for about two years now with absolutely no problems, and an LSV for roughly 4 months with a similar story; they get me blasted on tenths of a gram.

14. I had the same problem, but then I switched out my downstream for a better one and that really helped fix those nasty, ashy hits

15. thanks a lot ill try a different oneSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. what style of down stem did you get?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #37 Hypnotic, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    [quote name="cheech365" post="19428580" timestamp="1391004981"]what style of down stem did you get?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]I went from a simple horizontal 6-slit downstem to a showerhead. Since the showerhead's slits were lower, it required less water and had a lot less drag so it was quicker and easier to clear the bong with better tasting hitsEdit: I also can't spell downstem correctly today :blink:

18. [quote name="Hypnotic" post="19428660" timestamp="1391006793"]I went from a simple horizontal 6-slit downsteam to a showerhead. Since the showerhead's slits were lower, it required less water and had a lot less drag so it was quicker and easier to clear the bong with better tasting hits[/quote]Ok thanks ill try thatSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. My only guess could be that your taking to long to inhale it, letting the smoke get stale, but if you've been hitting it the same way this whole time I can't imagine that being it. I say this because we have a 3.5 foot piece with an ashcatcher and it takes quite a while to milk it all the way up and clear it, even with one breath. If we hit it too slowly the hit tastes terrible and harsh. We quickly figured out we just had to hit it quicker, giving the smoke less time to get stale and it started hitting way better. Dirty water also will make hits taste bad.