Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Gross Bong Hits Recently

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cheech365, Jan 28, 2014.

1. I have been smoking bong for about 3 years and up until about a week ago all of my hits have been pretty problem free. Recently i started getting harsh terrible tasting hits and when i rinse my mouth at the sink theres a bunch of bits of ash and my mouth and my tongue feels dry. It feels like there no water in the bong. I clean my bong stem and bowl every day and have 2 of each, but its happening with any combination of the peices. Its driving me crazy and any help would be great..

2. How bout a pic of the bong so we know what it looks like?

This is the equivalent of walking into a auto repair shop and saying "my car is making a funny noise, how do i fix it?" without even bringing the car to the shop.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390928549.014422.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390928568.246106.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. its a foot and a bit tallSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 cdphalanx, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    I dunno man... nothing about that screams to me that there is an issue other than the water looking filthy.

Has there been anything you changed about your 'setup'?

I assume you still see/hear it bubbling out of the downstem when youre inhaling?

6. no its been the same setup for almost a year, the problem seems to get worse when my buddy hits my setup before me, i changed up the bud this morning, im wondering if its how im lighting it somehowSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. ya i dont notice any difference in the bubbling eitherSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. one thing i would suggest is using a screen in your bowl (if you dont already). this will prevent ash or bud from pulling thru and into the water.

this will also keep your water cleaner, longer

that being said, I dont think Ive ever inhaled ash from a bong before. Something must be going seriously wrong for that to happen and I honestly just cant picture it.

does your buddy do anything weird with it?

9. it takes him like 6 pulls to finish a bowl thats the only thing i can think of with himSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. i cant understand it either because its going through water, the bowl seems to take more flame to get going when it happens alsoSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. It may be because the bowl is done and you're just hitting ash and maybe the angle you have the bong at makes a little bit of the downstem out of the water resulting in it not going through the water Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. i cant see it from the picture, but is it possible your water level is too high. sometimes with beakers, too much water will give you that resiny taste, try lowering it little by little. something else is if the bowl starts getting reeally tiight, it may reduce airflow and give you that stale, yellow milk...bleh aha.

13. [quote name="cheech365" post="19422711" timestamp="1390929615"]i cant understand it either because its going through water, the bowl seems to take more flame to get going when it happens alsoSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Have you been packing fatter bowls? Slide could be packed too tight. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. thanks for the input guys but i dont think its the water level because ive been experimenting with that, and if anything ive been packing taking smaller bowls because of the tasteSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I would just buy another bongSent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

16. i would buy another bong but im getting similar hits out of my brothers bong and nobody else is complainingSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. ^ Agree

18. maybe its just in your head? actually i smoked with a buddy about a week ago and he said he had got some little bits of white ash in his mouth, i hadn't had that problem tho, it couldve been the angle he was holding the bong at like someone said before or the fact that we were like 4 bong packs in and the water was dirty as fuck, from your pictures it looks like you have a pretty clean setup, but you said it happens even with your brothers bong? but noone else has the same problem which leads me to believe its in your head or your just hitting it some way where the ash gets to your mouth

19. thats possible, im wondering if being anxious about it is causing me to breath in the bong a tiny bit right before i hit my p, could wet bud cause this?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. i just saw my bud in the bowl move a little as i put my mouth on the bong, could this be water coming up the stem?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum