Getting depressed..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by White Smoke, Feb 14, 2010.

1. #1 White Smoke, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    I've recently had to take a 51 day T-break for my Diversion Program. These first few days have sucked SO bad.
    I feel like all the little things are really getting too me, as when I was smoking every day nothing bothered me to much.
    Life was so much better and I enjoyed life so much better when I couldn't enjoy cannabis.
    I feel as if I lost a part of me. I know 51 days isn't even that long and I should be thankful for have that short of a T-break, but at the same time I'm getting pissed at dumbest shit..
    idk what to do.
    I was told in a few weeks it won't be AS bad as the first few days but still.
    I feel like there is no physical withdrawal symptoms but mentally it just sucks.
    I don't think I was really addicted but to marijuana at all.
    But mentally I was dependent on it maybe? idk
    Anyone have ideas on how to keep my mind off this T-break? Going to the gym isn't reli an option to me getting hurt pretty bad recently.

2. After a week or so, you'll adapt to it more.

That's how it went for me at least.

3. options:

1. Find hobbies instead of smoking
    2. working out is a good way of doing something productive and not smoking
    3. Diversion Deez Nutz
    4. Start smoking spice
    5. Man up

4. Man up? thanks?
    I'm not interested in smoking legal herbs really. I'd rather just save my money and buy a really nice sack once I get off my program.

5. Build a nitro RC
    Race
    Win

You'll meet new people (non tokers), it will get your mind off toking, occupy your time, and waste money:D

6. I mean its your choice...that probly a good one but it's def. an alternative to budzz and it will still make you :smoking::smoking:

7. Dude just think though when you can smoke again it will just be that much better. Good luck :)

8. yeah, man. man up. use your will power. youre in control, do what you need to do, etc

9. That's the only thing that keep me going.. My tolerance will be SO gone. I'll be at 0% again. :p

10. Hey I gotta quit for 4 years+ for the army. Just be thankful it isn't that long. :p

Seriously though, I had the same problem, Things just weren't as enjoyable/ etc. Working out is a really good idea. You feel better, and if your lucky (like me) you get a nice endorphin rush.

Also, there is more to life then just smoking. Find things you enjoy. Take a walk. Read a book. Play music. Call some friends, pref those who won't or don't smoke around you.

Tough it out and remember, at the end of 51 days, your going to get soooooooooooooooooo
    high.
    :laughing:

11. Honestly that really doesn't help AT ALL. Not trying to be a dick but I have will power. That's why I'm on this t-break. If i had none i would just keep smoking.

12. THANK YOU some useful info!
    I'm sorry man, that actaully made me feel better. I'm sorry you gotta quit for 4 years ,man. That's reli gotta suck.. :(
    Good Luck in the army.

13. I would suggest trying to find new hobbies. Painting/drawing, photography, ect.

....or if you are into music like me learn to play guitar...seriously its a blast and chicks dig good guitar players ;)

either way hope it works for ya

14. I actaully want to learn how to play acoustic guatar and I have one laiying around here somewhere. good idea man.

15. Np. Just remember why your doing it. And It really does get easier after a week. Day 3 was the hardest for me, but now I'm really enjoying being sober. Get to feel all the natural little highs again man.:)

16. at least u get sun. we never do.. cept in the summer. go to the beach!!! that sounds so awesome right now

17. Well right now it's a little chilly. And windy lol. By the time it's nice enough to go to the beach I'll be enjoying herb again. lol

18. Yesterday night was pretty rough but today isn't even close to as bad. Well not AS bad but still iffy lol.

19. white smoke, it gets better as you go. When i got my wisdom teeth out i couldn't smoke for two and a half weeks. The worst days were three or four days after stopping and two days before starting up again.

you just gotta keep your mind preoccupied and not think about it as much and also try to avoid spending a lot of time where you used to smoke. I used to smoke all the time in my car but when i didn't and couldn't smoke i used a different car to get around.

20. lmfao The car thing was kindda funny. :D
    Thanks man. I think I'm alrdy starting to feel a little bit better. But this tuesday is gonna suck. I gotta get up at like 5:50 a.m. for school and ALWAYS wake N bake for school. Every single day. Now I can't it's just gonna suck :eek:.