Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting clean (sadly), graduating from college

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Holyvision, Apr 7, 2011.

1. #1 Holyvision, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    Hey guys, been a while, looking for advise from those wiser than myself,

I've been smoking the herb for many years, and I've always been a daily user. I'm graduating from college with a BAAS degree in May, and am looking to get clean to be able to pass a test for a new job.

I stopped smoking on March 28th :(:(:(, being a heavy user in the past (about two to three bong/vaporizer/pipe bowls a day), how long do you think I'll need to be clean? I'm totally new to this, never had to worry about passing a test before as my currently employer didn't require them.

I'm 5'11", and weigh 220 lbs.

As an aside, if it matters, I also go to the gym to work out a few times a week, just in case that in any way helps to "process" out the THC faster. :confused_2:

Any tips or tricks you can provide to accelerate the process with next-to-no-risk would be greatly appreciated. The sooner I can pass, the sooner I can get out there interviewing for a good job.

This entire process just makes me really pissed off that this stuff isn't legalized. It blows my mind that I can go buy whatever I want at the liquor store down the road, but I cannot enjoy the green when I get home from work. :mad: I'm graduating in the top 5% with a 3.5GPA, while smoking as much as I do... Legalize this shit already.

Thanks for any input, suggestions, and general wisdom. :wave:

2. Takes month to get clean...do not smoke.

Drink lots of water and exercise.

You really should have searched on google first,
    its apparent you didn't.

3. I have a drug test at the start of june for my summer internship. I will be graduating this May also.

I am also a daily user and workout 4 days a week.

I am going to stop for a month to ensure that i will be clean. It took me 3 weeks to get clean before. If you stopped on march 28th you should be clean in 2 weeks or so.

4. Any job that makes you pass a drug screen isn't worth it.

But rather than quitting, you can just buy one of those beverages. You drink it, and you have a five or so hour window to take the test and pass. A lot of head shops sell these beverages, and they work for simple urine drug screens.

5. I totally disagree with this. I am not gonna let marijuana run my life, and i have worked hard in school to get a good job. Dont get me wrong mary jane is my favorite girl but she does not dictate my life.

6. I used Google, and honestly, all I found is hundreds of pages of those "pass your test" beverages, and I don't know which would work and which wouldn't. Water and exercise are common sense, I was just saying I worked out to help estimate an ETA.

Sorry that I wanted to use my best-available-resource.

7. Someone obviously doesn't understand how much money you can rake in as an engineer/M.D. :cool: Also I've heard good things about these "drinks". I've had a few friends who smoked daily and passed their test using one of those drinks. Congratulations on the graduation OP :hello::hello:

8. You gotta worry about hair follicle tests. Therefore stopping 1-2months is not enough to completely rid your body of THC. Shave your hair real low. Let it grow for 3-4 months with no smoking and BAM you're passin every test they throw at you.

9. Too bad most higher end jobs out there require drug test.

10. I wouldn't worry to much about hair test. I heard they cost a lot and most places don't do them.

11. Yea, I'm hoping to land a job with just the initial test, and none past initial employment. Making $80k-$100k a year can buy some really nice green..:smoke:

12. [​IMG]

13. Magnum Synthetic Urine. Works everytime. I swear by it. I've used it on two lab tests and two instants. It's for sale at my local smoke shop but it is available online also.

14. Wellll im pretty sure im going to have to worry about em. Aerospace engineer here and usually aerospace companies can afford a chump change hair test when it comes to a potential employee building/designing aircrafts.

15. I didn't know it was for a aerospace company prob right then that sucks.

16. i'm not about to read all that but congrats on the degree :metal:

you're a rockstar now.

17. Yea =\ i know i just hope its only one and never again

18. My best friend is a heavy daily smoker typically. When she got pregnant, they tested her. Even though she has a recommendation, she still had to stop (obviously, though she smoked throughout her first with no problems so far, but kid's only 5 so who knows). It literally took her 7 weeks to pee clean and she's 5'7 and 130 pounds. Her friend only took 4 weeks and weighs at least 40 pounds more than her. It's individual body chemistry. Maybe buy a store test so you know for sure?

19. #19 XspankyX, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Were experts google has alot of bullshit on it

20. Thanks for all the input, I feel better not being totally lost. :wave: