Getting caught!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThaReaper, Jul 17, 2004.

1. I have heard it is quite easy to get caught by your electricity bill going up when using over 500 watt bulbs. Is this true?

2. It can happen. It has to other people. I have reptiles so my electricity bill is high anyway and the extra wattage really doesn't make that much of a difference for me. However, if you normally have a low bill and suddenly it's sky high (like you, hopefully :p ) then there's a chance that you might get a visit from someone or you might get a notice to have your electical stuff checked by a professional. I think it really depends on where you live and if it's common practice for them to keep an eye on things of that nature.

3. cheers for that, I actually heard that a person in the same are as me was busted this way.... Im pretty gutted now as I have done everything to make sure nobody knows whats happening in my house!! I guess I could always say that somebody has moved in with me......

4. Just while im on the subject of getting caught.... what kind of punishment would it be for growing weed?

5. It depends on state/local laws. In most places growing more than one or two plants could equal a felony charge.

6. Well for those of you lucky enough to live in the UK weed is now a class C drug, which means it is now no more dangerous than valium LMAO! However cultivation is STILL a crime. Depending on where you live (pretty much like the US) you would be unlikely to be prosecuted for < 6 plants. There have been NO sustained convictions for medical growing for personal use in the last 18 months, so if you end up in court there make sure everyone knows about your chronic back pain :) (I suspect a doctors letter will help a lot here).
    The UK at least seems to be listening to medical evidence for the moment. I am so amazed at how intolerant (and intractable) the US govt are!

7. our power bill is usually pretty high. if we didnt i would have been skeptical myself to start an indoor grow. no ione has said anything yet so i guess its all good. just make sure you dont start using 1000w hps/mh lights if u usually have a low bill. unless you know a few people at the power company that can help you out.

8. i heard on the radio(the edge NZ)a guy got caught with 11 plants growing in his loft(same as me) and he got 150hrs comunity sevice:)..laters jay..