Getting bud to grow more evenly

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stokie22, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I have 2 plants, big bud strain.
    One is growing beautifully bud sites everywhere nice and close for phat buds. The other is stretching and buds are growing randomly along the stem. Is there a way I can get them to grow closer together? Sorry no pics yet I'll try to get some later

2. Phenotypical expression...

Nothing you can do.. Select for the plants you want to keep and only clone those..

Sometimes the buds foxtail, and it can be from excess N in late bloom..

3. Been using advanced nutrients sensi bloom so don't think it's excess N. And only been in flower for 3 weeks

4. And what is fox tailing?

5. At three weeks in, with the amount of N they use, I suspect you are right...
    N shouldnt be the issue.... Besides, you arent even done with the stretch...

Here is a pic of foxtailing, some strains do it no matter what, some are more prevalent with elevated leves of N in late bloom...

If you are using advanced nutrients, when you run out move to General Hydroponics 3part, save some money, they are the exact same nutrient and I can prove this...

No seasoned vet spends the extra money on AN, but this comes with time, I too used to pay more than was needed, but its a farce, a deception to pull money from your pocket, that money is well earned and should stay put..

[​IMG]

6. It's nothing like that. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow and upload them. The nutes came included in the setup mate :)

7. Maybe it is popcorn nugs? That kinda just part of the plant.

8. Got some pics so you know what I'm on about :)

This one is growing nice and compact
    image-3192057601.jpg

this one has them growing spread apart :(
    image-3738615379.jpg

Anyway to fix this?

9. Nope, pheno typical expression... Check out how shitting the spacing is on the GSCookies clone.. And she cost me about a grand for 3 cuttings.. But the yield and structure isnt what I grow for...

[​IMG]

10. Thought yield would be what everyone grows for? As well as quality obviously. So yield will be shit on a plant like this?

11. And a grand for 3 cuttings thats crazy outrageous!

12. Shes a guarded clone..

26% thc and tastes like thin mints..

13. What's a guarded clone?

14. Clones held by VERY few growers.. for good reason..

If you live in Cali (i dont) you can get the cookie cut at a dispensary these days..

15. I'm a newbie so won't be doing anything like that anytime soon!! This is my first so still really learning. Would you take 5 to look over my other threads and give your opinions ?

16. Can you link me? Im helping about 15growers atm...

My pm inbox is getting loaded, I bought a subscription to get more message space but its taking a while for some reason...

holler..

17. That's a lot of money for only three cuts you better mother the shit out of one of those

18. I dont keep mothers, I just take cuts off my veg plants..

Ive not lost a clone in years, and some of my clones arent even in veg.

They are in the fridge, so I better be good or I could lose the strain for good, lol..

I think Ill be fine..