Getting Back Together?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by TLF1088, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Ex and I broke up about six weeks ago.

Dated for a year.

Last 5 months of relationship I was dealing with major depression. Refused to get help, she said she couldn't be with me anymore because of it.

Went into therapy immediately after breakup. Have been seeing a therapist for 5 weeks now and have been on anti-depressants for the same amount of time.

Got back into contact with my ex last Saturday.

We went out for ice cream, went for a walk around the city.
    Next day we drove out to the beach to watch the sunset.
    Day after that we went out for dinner then watched a couple movies at her house.

The next morning, last Tuesday, she texted me and said she was so glad to see I was back to normal and doing well, but we should take a while before we see each other again. I asked her why, she said she still had feelings for me, but didn't think things would work out if we got back together as a couple, so it was best for both of us to go a while without seeing each other or talking.

The following day she texts me in the afternoon and says, "Want to get drunk and go swimming?" I asked her what happened to not seeing each other, she said "Forget about that, I changed my mind."

We have a few beers, go swimming in her pool, next thing I know she's throwing herself at me and we end up making out for like an hour.

She lets me sleep over, but nothing else happens.

The next day she said it was wrong of her to kiss me, and she shouldn't have let it happen, she was just drunk.
    Then she asks me if I want to hang out again that night.
    I go over, we lay in bed and watch tv. Next thing I know she's kissing me again. This time completely sober.

Friday, she goes back to, "We need some time before we see each other again." I say "Ok, no problem."

An hour later she's inviting me to a party at her house.

We end up making out again, and I sleep over again.

Last night we go out for dinner. I park the car at the restaurant. She grabs me and starts kissing me again for like 20 minutes.

We go in and eat, go back to her place, and we end up having sex.

I leave this morning and she texts me 2 hours later asking if I'm coming over again tonight.

Neither of us have brought up a "relationship" since she said last Saturday she didn't think it would "work out."

What do I do guys?

Do you think she wants to get back together?

Should I ask what's happening between the two of us, or should I just keep letting things ride and go with what's happening right now?

2. She left you high and dry in a time of need, and now that your "all better" she has found interest in you again.

I hope your health doesn't take another turn, sounds like history would repeat itself.

But if you are having fun with what you have, then go for it by all means.
    Personally I wouldn't want to be toyed with all the ho's and hum's about the relationship between you two.

3. Do you want to get back with her?

4. Idk goodluck to you man

5. It was honestly my fault. Nobody could deal with me.
    I was miserable, I was extremely angry, I'd say hurtful things to her all the time. And I refused to get help.

I had needed help for a long time. She had her own problems, both mental and physical to deal with. I do not blame her at all for leaving me.
    She put in so much effort and did nothing but try and help me and I rejected it all and made her feel like shit.

6. Depending upon how much heartbreak you can take, keep things moving along, but be careful. She is obviously confused about her feelings so you have to ask yourself how much you want to invest someone like that. If you need to define your relationship you can bring it up, but it may not be a productive talk as she clearly doesn't know what she wants.

Enjoy the time you have together, I would just prepare myself for things to end. There is nothing wrong with living in the moment, but you have to decide if you can handle if and when she wants to see another person.

7. Haha this sounds toooooo much like my man and I, only we've gone through this same cycle far more than one time.

She's having a hard time sticking to what she views as the "correct" way to handle things. It sounds like you're completely fine with going along with her horny whims.

If you truly want things to work, Id recommend attempting to stay on the path she deems righteous for the time being, even if it means turning her down for some of her candid hang out/get drunk/hook up shenanigans.

It might piss her off initially, but it's probably the right thing if you wnt something bigger and more significant to come of your interactions with her.

I'm glad you're recovering and feeling better, but 6 weeks just isn't a very long time.

I have faith that things can work between you two, but it's your turn to be the level headed and authoritative one during this rebuilding/regrowing process.

Good luck!

8. #8 weednotcrack, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
    I don't think you and her should get back together, she might want to break up with you again knowing that you will come back to her anytime she wants.

But in regards to your depression, I strongly advise you exercise and eat a healthy diet. It works better then pills. Don't believe me? Listen to Dr. Emmons, his a Psychiatrist and he says study after study shows that exercise is more effective than prescription pills.

Exercise: How Does This Promote A Healthy Mind And Body? - Dr. Emmons - VIDEO - EmpowHER.com

Vitamins are also a very important part of depression. The vitamin b3, also known as niacin, is so effective at treating depression, it can even help people who are suicidally depressed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K2tqxKf2EE]‪Natural Treatment for Depression Explained - Naicin B3 - Food Matters‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Whether you get back together with her or not, I hope you stop using anti depressant pills and start exercising and eating a healthy diet. There is a list of foods that contain the vitamin niacin on this web site WHFoods: niacin-B3

I hope it helps:)

9. =] It really seems like the pills and therapy have made you really laxed about things.
    Getting back together is a stretch, I do think she enjoys you sexually and platonically so I'd say why the hell not, keep on going but realize that she is Clearly not ready for any type of 'concrete' relationship.

Kudos to you taking everything in stride, I'd prolly be pissed at a bitch if she kept trying to play mind games with me like that

10. Don't keep thinking about it. Just let shit happen mayne.