Getting back at it after a few years off.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by minichron40, Oct 22, 2015.

1. #1 minichron40, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2015
    Due to not having a viable space to grow the last few years i had to take some time off but im back and ready to get going . I'm going to stick with the organic grow idea and see if i can get better results than the last time. My space for now will be a 4x4x7 tent. Nutrient line will earth juice grow, bloom, catalyst, micro blast, and meta k. With additives hibrix, cal-mag , and silica. I will be making a tea thats been bubbled for 24-48 hours weekly for my feedings. Grown in happy frog soil.

Strains from clone in this grow will be 3x bubble kush 2x green crack and 1 skywalker. I also threw 3 seeds down from a buddy which are chem dog X bluecheeseX ghost train haze. And 2 special queen X ghost train haze. The 4X4 tent will serve as the vegging area untill all clones are ready for flower then it will become the flower tent.the seedling will then be moved to another area. Here we go!!!! Pics when i get home tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Last grow using similar setup . reserva privada colorado nerds. Purple urkle X sour d.

Attached Files:

3. Here is a photo update of the grow.

Attached Files:

4. Top view.

Attached Files:

5. Got some nice genetics you're working with minichron. I used to use EJ and age old organics years ago and got decent results, but if you are interested in going a bit deeper with organics and have the room/ability i'd recommend learning how to build soil. My results were good using bottled organics, but with living soil the smells and flavors have never been better. :)

Congratulations on getting back into things. I don't like taking breaks from growing either.

6. Ive actually looked into making a super soil. If thats what your are referring to. I had plans this up coming out door season to try it. Im definitely interested in hearing about what your methods.

7. Just a quick photo update before work. I want to get into a more in depth look at each plant later on the evening. Ive started a mainline method on a few. Just topped a few and im letting one grow as is and im seeing what method works best. I know main lining from clone is a pain in the ass to do but still works. The seeds are actually going to be the serious mainlined plants. Im shooting for 8+ tops each for those 3 seedlings. Once they are able to start the training.

Attached Files:

8. If you are thinking of "super soil" a la TGA style, then no. That is not what i referring to. I meant building soil Clackamas Coot style. He and several others have very good soil recipes that i think are a bit more in line with natural soils and not nearly as heavy on the amendments as super soil if i recall correctly. CC's mix is less likely to burn plants too.

Good luck with the training. Each plant responds differently for me, so i after a run or two i get a much better idea as to how to deal with them better.

I have been using recycled organic soil now for about 3-4 years. It's not very exact by most peoples standards, but my results speak for themselves. :)

9. I would like to hear more about it.

10. I was reffering to the tga blend. But im all for reading more about the art of organic growing .

• Like Like x 1
  11. There is so much info in the no-till thread here http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1299862... that will answer most, if not all of your questions minichron40. Very much worth the read. Not only is it more environmentally sound, but tends to cost pennies on the dollar versus buying expensive amendments.

There is scattered info in my thread, so you are welcome to come check that out if you would like. I have some of my work there so you can see that it's not just talk. ;)
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1...

12. Just checked out your thread nice photos. Good looking nug there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. New update with each plant. Bubble kush 1 was just topped a Few times

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Green crack 1 was topped once but began to show weird growth patterns so i juat let it go to see what it would do.

Attached Files:

15. Bk 2 . i messed up when i was starting the training for the mainline so i taped her up and juat let her do her thing ive been just pulling tops back to keep it as even as possible.

Attached Files:

16. Greencrack 2 just topping and bending.

Attached Files:

17. Bk3 decided to split into 2 main nodes. This one is the stretchiest of the 3 bk plants.

Attached Files:

18. Lastly my favorite if the bunch. My skywalker!!!! It does all i want it to training wise. It also seems naturally bushy so the training will keep it very squatty and bushy.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice work with the training. I'm not the best about keeping a super even canopy, but you should be able to if you keep this up. :)

20. [quote name="EyeC" post="22119211" timestamp="1445992974"]There is so much info in the no-till thread here http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1299862... that will answer most, if not all of your questions minichron40. Very much worth the read. Not only is it more environmentally sound, but tends to cost pennies on the dollar versus buying expensive amendments.

There is scattered info in my thread, so you are welcome to come check that out if you would like. I have some of my work there so you can see that it's not just talk. ;)
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1...[/quote

Yea ive actually looked into something like this. I just havent taken the tine to really research it. And to figure what materials would be needed to make the ammount of the soil id need