Getting a PS3 today

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by lilro, Aug 8, 2011.

1. I recently came into some money, so it's time to splurge. I already have a 360, so no console wars please. But for the PS3 owners, what are some good games to get? I was gonna get socom 4 but all the reviews says it sucks. I'm mostly looking for a good shooter, FPS or 3PS.

2. god of war 3

is amazing

beating up zeus is so much fun

3. #3 Jdahms, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    Socom is really the only shooter that sort of stands out on the PS3 that i can think of. Killzone and resistance are just average run of the mill FPS as well.

get little big planet 2

4. #4 28DoobsL8er, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    So much fun. All the god battles are riiiidiculous in general

5. Start with all the greatest hits titles, we're talking... Demon's Souls, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, MAG, Killzone 2, Modnation Racers, Resistance (1 & 2), and Uncharted (1 & 2).

If your trigger finger is itchin', I highly recommend picking up the Uncharted series. There's a reason Uncharted 2 is one of the highest critically acclaimed games of all time.

As others have mentioned though, God of War is ridiculous, and I highly recommend getting it as well.

6. most ps3 exclusives are pretty awsome man. One of the good reasons to own one.

Resistence 1 and 2 (just in time for 3)
    Infamous 1 and 2
    Uncharted 1 and 2......these should be your number 1 purchase, dont question it just buy them!!!!!!!!!!
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Gran Turismo 5 (although its a decent game was pretty let down by it)
    Killzone 2 and 3
    Motorstorm games are OK too

7. ps3 is king:)

get HEAVY RAIN no matter what. Well its not so action packed but it is probably one of my favorite games. Play it blazed for extra extra fun!

8. Soul Caliber..
    Borderlands..
    Bioshock2

9. ok killzone 3 is epic you must get it , also add me aaron12321

10. Just an update I got:
    SOCOM 4
    God of War 3
    Skate 3
    Uncharted 2

Uncharted is fucking amazing. It's my new favorite game haha. I haven't been this excited over single player in a long time. The multiplayer is ok. It's too easy IMO. But yeah, if you guys have any of those games and wanna play, add me. PSN: JustTooDank

11. If you like RPGs, get Demon's Souls, that is if you have a severe masochistic streak...

And I don't see Heavy Rain on your list, man. Sort that out!

12. Don't forget to get Uncharted 3 when it comes out. Multiplayer in that game is great from what I've played in the beta.

13. I played the demo, wasn't satisfied. The controls were too weird for me. It looked nice graphically though.

Yeah I plan on it.

14. Amazon has PS3 for $250. PS3 with Move for $350

15. little big planet 2! there are so many different types of levels you can play online, and creating levels is a blast!

16. There was actually a price-cut. $250 is the new price for 160gb.

17. Infamous 2 looks like legit game for PS3