Getting a new crotch rocket.

Discussion in 'General' started by EatPeaches, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Sometime in the near future, I would like to get my first sport bike.
    Any good suggestions as to what models are best for begginers? I have pretty short legs so it would have to be a lower ride.

2. start with a 250 if you've never rode before but it'll get boring quick, and you'll want to upgrade to a 600. Or you can spend the extra $, and start off with the 600 but just take it slow.

3. Not a suggestion..but I've always wanted to drive a crotch rocket high. I bet it's fuuuuuun!!

4. I bet this is a totally naive question but what do the numbers really mean? lol

5. ^^size of the engine

6. Definitley start with a 250. Kawasaki and Honda have some good ones. Insurance is better, gas is better, the bikes are smaller. Have you ever ridden before?

7. like stated above, the size of the engine in CC's.

8. its not. its fuckin scary. i ride a gsxr-750 and trying to ride something that has a 0-60 of around 4 seconds is....interesting. add in that i also have supercorsa tyres, which have no tread in the middle of the tyres and your in for a very eventfull ride home.

OP:
    get a ninja 250. simples. its a quite a low bike, with a 250 4-stroke engine so it wont scare you too much. then sell it when your confident and go bigger.

OR - buy a bandit 600, then it wont matter if you drop it since most bandits have been down the road once or twice in there life!

engine size in "cubic centimeters" (CC). i.e a cbr600rr is a 600cc (or 0.6l, if it makes it easier to understand)

EDIT: wouldnt this be better in "planes, trains and automobiles"??

9. ninja ninja ninja

10. I have never drove anything that involves motorcycling or a bike with an engine/motor. But I ride my dads gold wing with him from time to time.

11. #11 andromeda261, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011

Start out with a 250 like everyone said, on craigslist you can find one for 1000-1500 used, then gradually move up. DON'T BUY THAT CBR 929 or GSXR-750 BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL! you'll end up dead in no time. Crotch rockets aren't anything to fuck with, they are powerful machines that can be alot of fun, but can also result in death just as fast. I would reccomend finding a friend who might already have one that could give you a feel of how one rides before going out and purchasing one, to make sure it's right for you.

your daddy's goldwing is nothing like a crotch rocket.

12. I like my cbr600f4i great bike. Very popular bike in the stunting world bc it can take a beatin.

But my op a 250 will get old way to fast in a month or two you will want a 600.

You can kill ur self as easily on a 250 than a 600.

13. driving a 250 has nowhere near the ammount of acceleration and torque as a 600.
    you can die just as easily, but are you more likely to push your limits in a ford focus, or a Ferrari?

14. I'm looking at a Honda cbr

15. I know what u are saying but don't get a streebike if ur afraid to get hurt. Buying a streetbike is a emotional purchase not a logical one. So get what u like.

16. Well I know that's common sense.

17. very true, you buy a sportsbike with the heart, not the head.

sod it, here's my baby!

2000 gsxr-750Y with suzuka 8hour endurance paint + lights. (i hate the standard MASSIVE light on the 2000-era gsxrs) goes like shit off a shovel!
    [​IMG]

18. wear your helmet. seriously. otherwise you're one and done.

19. Standing up on the gas tank at 40mph and hitting a bump just may cause you to slide 50 feet down the road.

600, just a basic model, don't get anything with "RR" in it's name, like GSX-RR, RR means Race Ready.

20. its only honda that name the bikes "RR". (except the 03-04 kwak ZX6RR - but that was a limited run)
    but if the bike has any these in its name:
    GSXR
    ZX-R
    YZF-R
    CBR-RR
    in fact, if its got an R in it, its probably a race rep.