Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting a new bong slide

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JaysForDays, Aug 27, 2013.

1. I have bad luck with bongs, last bong I had(glass on glass) I broke the bong itself a week after using it, and my new bong that is glass with a rubber grommet on it I've had for 1 day and there was a crack in the side and when i pulled the slide to rip it, i broke it :(

My question is are all slides the same size? I know a glass on glass slide wouldn't work, but do most headshops sell a slide that has a rubber piece on it? Or are there different sizes. I can't bring the bong in to test the sizes because its been used. Thanks.

2. Pretty sure you could bring your bong in a headshop, as long as its clean of everything. Most slides are the same size I THINK. Could be a few mm in size. I suggest bringing it down to your headshop.

3. No you can't bring a used bong into any headshop i know of.

Most grommet slides are the same size but that's not what's important, as long as your slide isn't way smaller then the downstem it'll work because of the rubber o ring on the slide. That's what creates seal, which is different from a glass on glass because the slide and downstem make the seal.

If you need to know for glass on glass there are two sizes that they come in, there are others but the majority of them are only two sizes so don't worry about the rest. They are 14 and 18mm. Just tell the employee what your downstem looks like and he will be able to tell you what size it is or just check out the bongs there for one similar.

Hope that made sense I'm stoned :hippie:

4. No most slides I'm guessing you mean a down stem are different, the most common is 18.8 and 14.5 just get out a mesiring tape these measurements are in mm

Hope this helped

Very wrong. The slide length is very important in choosing the right slide for a specific bong. It can widely affect functionality if your downstem is not long enough, and would not even fit if it's too long.

And you can definitely bring a clean used bong into a shop.

OP: here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. First off my post wasn't very wrong haha

Second he's asking about a grommet bong not a glass in glass

And third he wants a new slide not a new downstem

I know downstem length is important haha but slide length isn't with a grommet bong and neither is diameter unless the slide is too big to fit or just unreasonably too small for the downstem.

7. Fourth, I worked in a head shop and I go to others quite a bit, I've never heard of people being able to bring in a clean used bong. That might just be around here but it certainly doesn't fly.

Yeah I was off on the slide length part then.

But, bringing a clean bong into a head shop is definitely fine in most areas. Maybe not where you're from, but I can't imagine that being an issue anywhere. It's clean glass. 

Noob question, what's the difference? I always thought the terms were used interchangeably to refer to the same part.

10. Well bud that's how it is with cheap glass. Ive took my bongs in headships before to make sure everything was perfect nd they didn't trip but I am in Cali. I suggest buying betterglass if you don't want it. Breaking on you every week

11. Na the slide is the bowl head that you pack and pull from the bong to clear it. The downstem is the part that goes into the water and your slide goes into and it stays in while clearing

12. Nevermind guys, it doesn't matter as long as there's a rubber piece on the slide and the slide is skinny enough. Ended up getting a pretty nice 15$ slide and I'm glad I did, thanks for the help everyone.