getting a medical marijuana card?

Discussion in 'General' started by fruitsalad, Jun 12, 2011.

1. i finally turned 18, i live in orange county,ca and i want a medical marijuana card...i picked up a copy of the OC weekly which has a bunch of ads for medical marijuana "doctors"...anyway, i only found one "doctor" that isn't in a dangerous area(they're all in santa ana...ew). it says it's $55. i dont have official paperwork but i have IBS(yes personal information!) which i know is a "qualifying condition"...its like 40 minutes from where i live. is it worth it to make an appointment and go, or will i not be able to get it without my paperwork...i'm assuming that this "doctor" cant be too strict if he advertises in the OC weekly.

advice?

2. To get a rec you need 4 things, hon. (And Happy Birthday!)

First, is a real medical condition. You got that, so no prob!

Second, it really helps to have medical records. These "weed out" the total fakers. Some of the cheaper clinics will take a reasonably recent prescription pill bottle as proof. One poor kid, with extensive scarring (accident + operations), just lifted his shirt and got his rec! Call up your doc and find out what his policies are.

Third, you need California ID- Driver's License, or a California ID Card. (DMV has them)

Last- cash! This is not something you want to leave a credit card "trail" on!

Then it's go in, get an exam, talk with the doc and walk out legal!