Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting a med card for chronic Migraines

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Revelation, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've had chronic almost daily headaches that range from small minor headaches to absolute migraines.

I've debated getting my medcard for awhile and decided to finally do it, I'll be getting it in October as I'll have some spare cash at that time. I live in Michigan, and am going to go to one of the Doctors that advertise online and such as my current Doctor won't do it, the ad online says "medical records preferred, but not needed"

My question is, can I bring in pill bottles of my current painkillers and migraine medicine?

My headaches are idiopathic and the doctors can't figure out what is causing them nor how to stop them, besides just giving me pain killers, I take barbiturates and Vicodin almost daily and it's getting to be too much.

I'd like to get my med card because I already smoke a few times a week and it really helps my headaches, but I'd like it so that I can have a reliable place to get marijuana, and not getting it off street dealers (this area is extremely unsafe when dealing with local drug dealers)

Thanks-

2. id say it mostly depends on if migraines are considered a condition allowed for medical use.

im not sure off the top of my head, it would probably be easier if you had a disease like asthma or something at least. (which is what i got my card for, its on the list, and it actually does help with asthma and asthma medication induced insomnia)

but yeah they just let me bring in my asthma medicine containers (have to have the doctor and your info on it)

3. It says on the sticky that "Severe and Chronic pain" count, so I'm assuming headaches fall under that.

4. So you've checked the sticky right? Sorry, but did you read the part where if you have further questions to ask in there right?

THanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.