Getting a job with a Criminal Record

Discussion in 'General' started by MoneyBags420, Jul 27, 2012.

1. anyone on grasscity have a felony conviction on their record and have a job?? if so what is your job?

any feedback is appreciated and no negativity please.

2. What kind of record we talkin'?

3. I don't have a felony. I have a couple misdemeanors on my record. But when I was working for Disneyland I knew a few people there with felonies working there. Good luck man.

4. I'm a two time felon and I had my most recent job for 3 years.

People make excuses to not have a job, whether they realize it or not. A criminal record doesn't mean you can't impress the employer regardless.

5. well i haven't been convicted yet, but i'm being charged with possession w/intent to distribute and within 1,000 ft of a school zone. im hoping (praying) i can get the school zone dropped because its right on the border of the 1,000 ft mark so its questionable and also its summer there were no kids at the school

6. I had a felony for concentrated cannabis but i got it expunged last month to a misdemeanor... Their was literally no point in looking for a job with the felony... I looked any ways and didnt get shit....

Still with this misdemeanor i have gotten rejected from like 4 different jobs after having interviews... Fcking tough with a record dude...

7. i tried to +rep but it wouldn't let me. what was your job if you don't mind me asking?

8. You can impress your employer all you want but having a felony will automatically make employers second guess hiring you.

"Oh, should I take this guy, with a felony on his record, or this other guy, who doesn't have a felony? Why take a chance?"

9. I have a felony and I've had jobs with a finance company, mortgage company, a bank, and several other professional types of jobs. I would like to encourage you because there still are plenty of people out there that will hire you who will overlook your past and see who you are or are trying to become now. They are the people who also realize that the only difference between you and them is that you got caught and they didn't. The only thing required on your part is a good attitude and a willingness to prove to them that you will be a good hiring decision. Can you do that? If you can then you can get a lot more jobs than you ever thought possible.

10. Quality first post.

Welcome.