Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting a friend to smoke

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DiGits, Feb 2, 2009.

1. #1 DiGits, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    A good friend of mine, who I used to hang out with every day (We're both busy most the time now, so we don't see each other as much), has always been one of those guys who say they hate pot. His reason is because "his ex started smoking weed, than she turned into a different person". I knew her really well, probably better than he did, and the weed had NOTHING to do with her changing, the truth is she did turn into a loser but weed had nothing to do with it (She ditched all her friends and started to act like an asshole to everyone other than her myspace friends, it was fucked). I tell him that but he doesn't believe it. Because of that he makes up all this lies about why he doesn't like weed. Hes never tried it, and if I ask him to, he never will, but the truth is, I know he wants to try it. Hes complained about it for so long, that if I asked him to, hed pretend he doesn't want to, just so he doesn't look like a hypocrite.

Hes obviously a guy I would like to smoke with if he would stop being a little bitch about pot, and I know he'd like it. I can't figure out how to get him to try it though... I'm not going to force him too, and try and peer pressure him into it, I'm going to leave it up to him. The only problem is like I said, if I ask him to he'll say no, no matter what, just so he doesn't look like a hypocrite for complaining about weed for years.

I'm certain many people have ran into people like this, how should I deal with it? Obviously it depends from person to person, but most advice can at least help.

Thanks in advanced.

2. when hes ready he'll tell you...The experience from cannabis is what YOU make of it, so if he goes into not liking it, he'll come out of it not liking it...

3. Thats the thing though, he'll NEVER come to me and say he wants to try it. Never. Not going to happen.

He's just one of those people.

It has nothing to with him thinking its morally wrong, its just him not wanting to look like a douche.

4. Set up a vaporizer in your room and hang out with him for a while. Then just clue him in that he's high. Or you could make him something that has pot in it. (brownies or whatever) and have him eat some. Just do it on a day that he has NOTHING planned. My first time being high I was high for a long time and even some time after I slept for the night.

5. If you're smoking around him offer to pass him the joint/blunt, he'll see the opportunity and take it if he wishes

6. what he said. if he still doesnt wanna try it.. fuck him hes missing out. :hello:

7. never pressure someone to smoke. whenever there's a virgin in a circle we make sure to tell him or her that its a choice, and that they shouldnt feel pressured to do it for any reasons or whatever. it's a psychological, possible religious and life-changing experience, and to take that away from someone is raping their soul of something beautiful.

8. DON'T RAPE YOUR FRIEND'S SOUL!!!

lol jk :smoking:

9. damn dude. that was deep. and the most beautiful description of losing THC virginity ive ever heard. id +rep you if it was worth anything, but mine isnt.:(

10. wow that was very deep. epic almost. really wish i had smoked before i read that. :)

i agree hands down here. smoking is a definite life changing experience, don't force him to smoke...its not for everyone. as some other people have said just offer it. offering a hit never hurt anyone and im sure he will see that its not as bad as he thinks it is (im assuming here that you arent an asshole if he's still your friend).

so just give it time, and you never know he might just come around to it. but just dont force it.

11. awesome quote.
    gonna read it again high in approx. 13 minutes.