Gettin rid of males in MN

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by blindoutfit, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Sup Ya'll,
    So a few years back a buddy of mine started a grow with some decent genetics. He ended up abandoning it and it has spread some 15+ ft sine last year. This year i plan on heading on over to his sight and pulling all of the males. Last year i went over and it seems as if the males have taken over, however, i found 5+ feamles still there. What i am wondering is: When is the best time to go out and pull the males? I am in MN, so i wonder if anybody else in this atmosphere knows. I cant visit this sight very often so any advise would help. thanks to all that reply.

2. Until the plants start showing sex you won't be able to tell.... probably mid-summer.

3. In MN mid summer is considered end June to mid July. You dont think it is necessary to check before then? Usually by then they can get usually pretty tall (2 1/2 to 3 ft.) When do you think is the earliest they could be showing sex in your opinion? Thanks agian for you input!

4. I am no expert when it comes to growing outside and how long it takes for pre-flowers. The plant should not really start showing sex until the days start getting shorter (yeah I know it starts in June but the days are still long until late summer). So you may want to start checking them out once they hit 1-2 feet tall as the pre-flowers might give the males away.