Gettin' Drunk With Cops

Discussion in 'General' started by MrGers, Sep 22, 2011.

1. #1 MrGers, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    A friend of mine called me and asked me if I wanted to participate in a training class for Police Academy Trainees training for field sobriety check points. I was told to e-mail this guy (a police officer i'm sure) with my name, address, and favorite drink. I was told they get you drunk then take you to the check points. Different people get different levels of drunk so i might be tipsy or i might be trashed.

I'm not sure what to do. My first reaction is that this could be amazingly fun. And i'd get to experience in a safe environment something i've never experienced before and that many don't get a "first chance" at. My Dad is concerned my name might be logged officially somewhere and it could come up in a background check of sorts. I think this is extreme paranoia. My friends think it just won't be fun. "Getting drunk with cops? sounds like trouble brewing."

So naturally I turn to you, members of the interweb, to offer me advice, suggestions, or anecdotal stories relating to the topic.

My drink of choice as of now is Whiskey, but i'm willing to take suggestions. Maybe i'll ask for something crazy complicated:devious:

I'd like to add that I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I went gung ho about 10 years ago in college but since then it's been all smoke. For fear of puking on some random cop (which i agree would be fun) I've decided to train over the next few weeks with a regiment leading up to 5 shots in an hour.

2. I say do it man!

3. You should do it. I had to watch a video of people doing it for my ARD classes when I got a DUI years back. They were having a good time it seemed. They showed not just them doing the course, but them drinking and shooting the shit. I told myself if I ever had the chance to do it, I would.

I don't think you need to "train" though tbh. Just have a few beers or shots and when you're ready for the course, go to town. I personally wouldn't want to be able to handle a shit ton of alcohol in front of cops, lol.

And be prepared to hit a lot of cones.. No one in the video seemed to have any negative vibes, not even the cops. Seemed like an actual good time.

4. If the cops ever need to see how stoned someone can get and operate a vehicle count me in. I'd do work on the evidence locker.

5. Get hammered and be a complete asshole. You have no idea what kind of opportunity you have here! Its the only chance you'll have to be a complete dick to the cops with no consequences, don't waste it!!

6. I don't think there would be no consequences. They might be a little more lenient but if i'm an asshole i'm essentially wearing a zebra carcass in a lions den.

7. Have you ever been arrested? If not don't do that shit. You don't want your name in there database. And udk they might finger print you and shit.

8. my advice would be if you really want to do this is, as above leave keys in party. and if the police do come up to the car immediately explain why you are there, what you are doing and be open and honest.

9. I was going to do this in my city when I read something about it. Forgot until now.

DO IT! And post a video after =]

10. try reading the OP first, then responding.

11. be really friendly and talkative... you might get some lieniency in the future... was stopped on a routine check... they found marijuana, made the 'freemason in distress' gesture, and they 'forgot about it' on the spot... theyre all crooked as fuck, you want to be on their good side but never trust the c*nts.

12. Ask lots of questions like, how do they investigate and solve rape caes.

13. Might ask them if the local news is going to be there for that. I know around here where I live. When they do this or any kind of dui training or awareness. All the dam news cameras are there lol. It's funny as hell watching this. Might get someone to record it for you. So you can watch it later.

14. if its a training excersise, learn all about your rights (ill post a link if i can)... you can be really difficult and they wont want to break protocol on their training.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA"]How to survive a police encounter... do not give consent![/ame]

15. Do it, but keep it professional. If it were me, I'd eat a firecracker an hour before showing up to keep the fun going for a few hours.

16. Remember that cops are just people too. Some with superiority complexes but for the most part they are cool people. They are asking you to participate to help them train and you get a freebie for being drunk around cops so you get the benefit of learning what to do and not do if you get caught drunk driving or what have you. I wouldn't worry much about your name in a database or finger prints. That would be way too much work for them.

Go for it, learn something, have fun and maybe you'll even make a friend or at least be at ease whilst around law enforcement.

17. Craiggers I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat. Plus never hurts to generate a little good PR for ones self.

18. Do it, then after maybe you can get high with them.

19. This.

Yep, I would so go for that. A chance to get fucked up, dick around with cops legally, and have no repercussions to answer to?

Hell yea! That would be fun.

20. man i dont know about that lol but i am not a fan of the alcy much, so yeaaaa