Get heat with CFL bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cngzhn, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Hello there. İm absulutly new on this hobby. İ have really bad temp. on my room. İ made a growbox is 2.5m x 80cm and wanna do my first try with CFL's. So normaly in the winter time, i have 5c room temp. İ want to get like 23-25 with some CFL bulbs. How many of them i'll need? Ny english also isnt good that much. Thanks for answers anyway.

2. Nobody can answer that for you. The question is very subjective. It's going to depend on the insulation r factor of your box and the wattage of your lamps along with how many air changes you are venting the box at.

I would suggest a mars 300 led panel. It's going to be cheaper than any cfl setup that will probably yield less.
    I was going to link you to one of these 200 watt cfl's with reflector.
    Virtual Sun 129799 200W CFL Fluorescent Bulb Grow Light Hood Reflector Hydroponics Kit - 200 Watt

That mars 300 is cool running and only about $75 on ebay. I think it would grow more better bud cheaper than the 200 watt cfl kit myself which is $94. The mars300 is 180 watts.

You could also look at a t5 lamps. The only drawback with that is with your room size you would have to run 2 foot bulbs and they aren't that great of output compared to 4 footers. The cost is a little higher than a low end LED panel as well.

Mars 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydro Veg Flower Indoor Plant Lamp 140W | eBay

3. 106 bulbs , give or take but as stated above the Mars is more better

4. Actually i wantta try it for 2 plants. So people says led lambs doesnt give heat enough. Thats why i was thinking about cfl's so i though if i used like 6-7 of them, ill get enough heat in the box. Maybe i can even use hps bulbs. But im not sure if ill get enough heat. So the heat my all problem.

5. Are you going to run all autos on 24hr? What will you do when you go 12/12? Why not just run a small heater on a thermostat? It's easier than trying to use lights to heat a space. Insulate it well and the heater will hardly have to run.

6. İm living in northen cyprus. And its difficult to find staffs like that in that country. And so many online shopping website doesnt send that products. But ill try ebay. Thank you very much for all information. İll come back if have any other questions. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1