Germination

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Monk, May 9, 2006.

1. Well the 3 seeds came out, I can see the the sprouts, they're about 2.5 inch tall (I'll put some pictures up tonight). Now I'm going to put them in the sun starting from today, anything special I need to look after? I'll give them some more water (not to much to) and I got a construction with Glass on top, and plastic foil sideways so IF it starts to rain that they won't get damaged. Tips are welcome.

Grtz

2. enough name calling, ignorant and stupid are two entirely different things.

Sorry im late on the topic, but I have a thread about germination..check the link in my siggie.

3. Yep this is the topîc I followed and I thank you for it, it's been quiet some help. Now I just transferred the 3 plants and it ain't as easy as I thought. the root of the sprouts were about 2 inches tall (during trasferring I could see them perfectly). I managed to put the 3 sprouts straight up with some dirth castle building :p, lol no kidding. I used tweezers to touch the sprout or roots just to be sure. I hope they will be ok. Btw I got 2 more seedlings and planting them in 10 minutes :D. The sprouts are in the sun at about 25 degrees. Let's hope they keep growing after the transfer since I have some thoughts about doing it (it's freaking hard) . Wish me luck, I'll keep you updated.

Grtz

4. Here are some pics about the sprouts and the area. Only one seems to be "normal" atm but they have been outside for 8 hours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grtz

5. One of the 3 plants is "falling" a bit, it's growing crocket, what should I do. it's only 2 inches tall so i can't really bind it to a stick, so I took a toothpick and put it next to it,. Will this work?

Grtz

6. Monk,
    I just noticed what type of soil you are using. As soon as all the seeds poke through the soil, I would transplant into some different soil that does not have any nutrients in it. Your soil has tons of fertilizer in it and this is not good at all for seedlings. Don't use any of moms soil. I am sure she is not growing weed. Weed is different than tulips and petunias. To strengthen the stems so they don't lean or fall over is to have wind or a fan blowing at them. Good luck.

7. I didn't find any organic soil in the store, I got 2 kinds of soil, tomato soil and cactus soil. Is it really that bad for the seedlings? What soil should I buy them?
    Btw: is it normal that the stem is a bit big in the beginning. My best sprout looks really healthy and the leaves are coming out very nice, but the stem is a bit strechted and wiggly. They stand outside normally but sometimes when I know the weather is going to be bad and I'm not home I put them inside in front of the window.
    EDIT: I've put a vent to strenghten the stem now.

Grtz

8. Yes Monk it really is bad soil. Check out this link as to what could happen to the seedlings if you leave them in there: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=84490&page=1&pp=15
    If you keep them outside you might be ok but, artificial lights really seems to bring out the nutes in the soil and over-fertilizes the seedlings. You should buy generic potting soil with NO NUTES and contains vermiculite, perlite, sphagnum peat moss etc. These potting soil's can be purchased at your local nursery. Please try to stay away from Miricle Grow, Shultz and Scott's. They all use nutes in most of their products and all of their soil lines have garbage drainage.

If they are stretched they are probably not getting enough light. If the weather is going to be bad, a window is not great because it does not offer that much sunlight and will add to the stretching. Maybe on days you bring them inside you can put them under a few CFL lights to supplement them.

9. I do not have any artificial lights, I keep them outside. Though I'm considering buying lights Wednesday (depends on the prices). The soil contains perlite btw, maybe not enought though. I hope the stretching will be fine. The plant looks really healthy though, I have 3 atm but 2 of them look a bit sick. I'll have a look out wednesday for new soil and maybe lights. Thanks.

Grtz