Germination, warm or cool?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenDazed, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I've seen multiple videos and it seems like there are two camps for germination. With the paper towel method I've seen some people keep the seeds on a warming mat to germinate while others say to keep them in a cool dark place. My current plant is nearing harvest so I want to know the best option for my next seeds to germ.

2. I've only planted seeds in soil at room tempurature and have had a 100% germination rate.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yea. It's not rocket science and you don't need any special equipment to do it. They're seeds....weed seeds at that. They've survived for thousands of years growing in the wild without man to warm their bed for germination. LOL You can plant them straight into the soil, you can put them in a moist paper towel in a dark warm place, and probably a couple hundred other things. A little moisture and a little warmth and they're going to do their very best to grow...because that's what they do. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Everybody has their "best" seeds. Look on the Leafly app for anything easy, high yield, and 4 stars+. I just wrapped a Ww, blueberry, and NL. Germing supe silver haze, amn haze, pineapple, and strwb kush this weekend along with some mexican and GSC for outdoors.
    Mix it up. Trial and error is the best way to find a fave. If you're in this for the long run, have fun and take some chances!

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

5. I wasn't really referring to the best specific seeds but rather the best germination conditions (warm vs cool). But thanks for the info!

6. In that case I tend to lean towards warm. I usually germ on my cable box.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1