Germination to sprouting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shifte83, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hey all again!

So just starting out here as you all can tell lol - thanks to the help of a few awesome people in this forum!

Anyways have germed one seed in tissue within 2 days it had cracked and could see the root, was kind of strange looked like a double root... anyways I'm an idiot and got the wrong potting mix but had jiffy pods and put it in there and under my mars pro 320 at about 70cm away the temps on 24 degrees at the moment and seems to be nice and humid in there... it's been 2 days in the jiffy with 18 hours of light 6 off and still no sprout... am I being paranoid or just it take a little longer?
    Thanks

2. It can take up to a week just be patient

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eliminates unnecessary handling of the seed with great results.
    rapid rooters.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I have never used them but some people do with success. I see that you used jiffy pellets after you germinated in a paper towel - I don't advocate using the paper towel method because of extra handling - just plant direct into the rapid rooter or jiffy pellet. That's not to say that people don't have success using the paper towel - I just don't advocate it - you don't see paper towels for seed germination in nature. Do what works best for you - I only commented because your seeds weren't popping out of the jiffy pellet.

5. No all good mate, I actually got the pellets to germ them and went to buy potting mix and got the wrong one cause I was really tired and in a bad mood and could not make it back to the store for 2 days so thought I'll just put it in jiffy till I get some soil ! So see how it goes, I think it might have actually popped tonight !

6. No all good mate, I actually got the pellets to germ them and went to buy potting mix and got the wrong one cause I was really tired and in a bad mood and could not make it back to the store for 2 days so thought I'll just put it in jiffy till I get some soil ! So see how it goes, I think it might have actually popped tonight !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jiffy pellets are just fine..I use them all the time..Advantages are you can buy a few at a time..not 50 at a time and Jiffys do not spoil after you open the pkg..use them any time. Plus, no PH adjustment is needed..IMHO

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cheers man !

• Like Like x 1
  9. My hydro shop packages the Rapid Rooters in 25 - they only run a few dollars. I'll have to try jiffy pellets next time. Thanks for the info.

10. IMG_0781.JPG Okay this it now !! Looks like i have my first first child, I think I'm in love

• Like Like x 1
  11. Any time Mick..you have been of so much help, the least I can do is try to repay! :)
    BTW: that MIMI is superb:))
    My Grow shop only sells the prepackaged RR by 50pcs at a time..I still want to give them a try..
    Just an FYI:
    I recently tried rooting 4 cuttings in my DIY cloner..3 were in the netpots, with Aloe Vera as a root stimulator (hate more chemicals)..the 4th I put into a jiffy pellet and then into the netpot/cloner..The 1st three died and the 4th is alive ans sort of well..Transplanted 1st into a solo cup, and then yesterday into a 5 gallon Walmart shopping bag (LOL)as a fabric pot..(Have lots of the real thing, but I am experimenting here).
    clone.jpg

12. Not trying to be harsh, but that soil looks drenched and no Perlite is visible..What soil? Is that???
    I hope NOT Miracle Grow

13. Oh na man still in the jiffy Pelete lol and it's not to badly wet only sprayed it on the top with water bottle, going to let it dry out, I figured a day or so I'll transplant to the soil/perlite mix ?

14. image.jpg This is my soil as I have had real trouble getting some good grow medium

15. You can wait until you see roots coming the the pellet, then transplant her, into a solo cup (or lartger pot ..but you must be careful not to over water again..little roots cannot drink that much:))..
    I am pretty careful here, and put a little Jiffy starter soil into the transplant container, and then add the regular FoxFarm OF around the starter soil..Reason is that the FFOF is pretty hot, and sometimes seedlings do not do well (burn and die) in normal hot soils..JMHO..Grow ON my lad:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks man, I'm about to head to sleep and hopefully wake up to some more movement in there ! Can you do me a massive favour and google that mix I have and tell me what you think ? Night gang....zzzzzz

17. NO NO..Scotts = MG and that has time release nutes..normal potting soil w/ perlite added is the way to go if you cannot GET HIGH QUALITY SOIL IN YOUR AREA (ONLINE HAS LOTS OF GREAT SOILS W/ NUTES!!)
    SEE BELOW:
    image.jpg

18. God damn it!! Been a massive mission to try and find me soil!! I'm going to go to the hydro store which is a few hours away for me on Wednesday and get what I need then!! They will surly have what I need!!

Thank you for looking, so just keep it in jiffy for now and in the next 3 days I'll have proper soil?