Germination, seedlings, lights, and setup.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shimen, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Alright so my first grow was horrible. I got nice tall plants but really really really small buds. So i am giving this another go round. After reading several post on the forums i think I figured out my problem. First my seedies first experianced the dull glow of an icandesent. BAD MISTAKE.
    Second they were in MG potting soil. But is was the organic kind. third when i got new light 4 48 5600k fluros they were already very stretched. and finally the trying to get my lights on everyday at the same time without a timer, which means erratic light delivery.
    So this time i am going to start seedies with seed starter mix no nutes. when they sprout- 2 2ft 5600k fluros come on, WITH A TIMER, :) for 18/6 still no nutes. also in a box lined with Alum. Foil for better reflectivity. Then when they get big enough i will move them to closet, also lined with foil, with the big mama light tubes. Then start flowering, change bulbs to 2700k for better red spectrum delivery. and start delivering nutes..... So what you guys think??

I do have a question though. When it comes to topping them, do you start that when they start to flower or is it when they start getting there first fan leaves. Topping is a subject on which i am very confused about. So if some could explain please it would be very appreciated. Thanks. Also my dad gave me my seeds. His bud turned out GREAT. He had 2 plants and got about and ounce out of each. I maybe got an 1/8 out of mine. SUCKS. anyways thanks for any help you have to offer.

2. use flat whit paint instead of foil its better for reflection and for topping do it during veg after 4th node good luck

3. Alright so you wouldnt happen to know of a web page thats show topping and such forth. I dont know why but i am a little sceered about cutting my plants :) Just want to make sure i do it right. So any pics would be great.