Germination question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jayom21, Apr 15, 2016.

1. noob here, about a week ago I started germing 4 seeds via the paper towel method. After about 2 days they all had their white taproot showing so I transplanted them into a rock wool cube. They have been in complete darkness ever since. One of them popped out of the cube the day it was transplanted but has now fallen to the side and its shell is still on. The others have not emerged yet. Was I supposed to have them under light once transplanted or do I wait until the cotyledons pop out to give light? Any help would be appreciated.

2. I kept mine under light as soon as they were in the rockwool and gave them a dropper of water with a tiny dose of food in it every day. I can't say should or shouldn't but mine did great with light the whole time.

3. Yea for some reason I was under the impression that I was supposed to keep them in darkness until the shells fell off. I guess I'll go give them some light. I hope I haven't killed them. Thanks for the reply.

4. I think I kept mine at 12 12 when i planted mine thataway the plants can reach out for light and stand tall'

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I always keep them under light at a distance and mist the air (not directly spray them) until they loose the actual seed.

Its worked everytime for me.

I found when the air is to dry the seed sticks. when the seed falls off and no light the seedling turns yellow.

6. Thanks for the replies guys. I got them about 2 feet from a 600w hps running on 50% now