Germination Problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreyArea, Feb 9, 2007.

1. I have some White Widow seeds (feminised) which I got from a local head shop. I have followed the instructions exactly but I'm not seeing any germination.... I put one in on Sunday, so that has had 4 and a half days......

The instructions were to soak the seed in warm water for 12 hours, then put between 2 layers of tissue and keep warm and dark... I have them in a draw here, at a constant 21 - 22 Degrees. The tissue is damp but not wet. They are between tissue and 2 saucers like this....
    [​IMG]

Nothing! :confused:

Could it be a dud seed? How long should I wait before I give up and try another seed?

Thanks

2. sounds like your doing everything right , maybe the seed is dead , i recommend germin atleast 3 at a time , depends on the ammount of space you have too grow.

g'luck

p.s : leave the one u have under the towels , never know maybe it will still crack?

3. How warm is the water you soaked them in, it shouldn't be above 80F or 27C max. But yeah it sounds like you got a bad seed, With the germination method you using the seed sould crack in 3 days. Also, I found that I like my paper towel to be wet.