Germination Nutrients, Light Etc?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DRAXXX, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Hey Folks,
    First Grow going on here. Have a few questions after reading several hours of information.

1. My Seeds are Germinated, And are planted in Pure Perlite Temporarily, Do i need to add nutrients to the water ?

2. Do they require light at this very early stage? If so, 18 - 24 Hours Good?
    Or Will they be okay for 5 - 7 days whilst im waiting for my system to arrive, in a dark warm place with water.

Im going to be growing with bubbleponics, but waiting for a few more deliveries before its all here >.<

Thanks guys.

2. 1. NO NUTES TILL THEY ARE 6inches tall, bring a measuring tape.
    2. if they have their first set of babyleaves you can turn on a light, anywhere from 18-24 hours a day is good, depending on light and heat you should be putting the light about 6inches from the top and moving them closer/further away depending on how they look.

Long as you dont over/under water youll be more than fine for 5-7 days.

3. Cheers. But how do i know how much to water them?

4. what medium are you using?
    For rockwool i usually watered every couple days once i hit the stage you are at.

Think of your medium and how it would look if it was soaked 100% in water (you couldnt get it anymore wet) you never want this. And just water when it starts to feel dry on top.

5. Its just Pure Perlite atm, as said, waiting for my hydro setup which will have rockwool and clay pellets.

So would you suggest every 2 days, and about 50ml Water?

Also, my OG Kush is growing fine, and already sprouted out..
    But my K.O hasnt grown at all. Looks exactly as it did when it germinated :S Is it dead?

6. I use for germinated seeds R/O water with Super Thrive. After the first set of leaves pop up. I start feeding @50PPM and increasing @50PPM per 5 days, just moist the medium they at.

Also I grow in 100% perlite, it rocks ! Check my Sig vvv

7. Bad Advice not knowing what kind of lift ur ops getting. Does that mean I'm good to start my seedlings 6" away from my 600w hps bulbs?

8. I wouldn't put a 600 watt light 6" from anything I cares about lol