Germination methods

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by letsgrowit, Feb 3, 2012.

1. #1 letsgrowit, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    Hey guys, i was wondering what methods you guys use and have the most success with. Seems like there is many different methods and as many differing opinions on them. Ive read about
    1. Paper towel
    2. Dropping seeds in glass of water
    3. Planting directly in soil
    4. Nirvannas seed propagator
    5. Sure theres others im forgetting

Just curious what you guys have the best luck with, thanks

2. Paper towel with distiller water. Wait until the tap root is 1/4 inch tops and plant tap root up. not a whole lot of ways to do it.

3. Right on, thanks washed! Ive germed bag seed that way before but i see sum ppl say u can damage the tap by unfolding the towel. "Everyone has differing opinions on things tho " Ill prolly jus stick to this method howevever cuz ive seen it wrk before.

Do you like to plant directly into soil mix from there? I see sum use rockwool and sum other things.

4. Yep, right into some Sunshine #4 with extra perlite, worm castings, and dolomite. 100% success rate. Then transplanted into Roots Organic with subcools super soil on the bottom half of the hole. Water, molasses, and some myco powder is all they need. I like having all my nutrients in the soil...takes a lot of the guess work about nutrient dosage and strength out of the equation.

5. What do you think of fox farms ocean forest. I dont see where i can buy any sunshine #4 in my area but ffof is available. Ive been told by a few ppl not to use oc on seedlings.

6. Yeah it's too strong for seeds. I heard Fox Farm outsourced their product and they aren't not the quality that they once were. Fox Farm is still a good soil, but if you use their soil you should go ahead and use there nutrients as well.

Use fox farm light warrior for seeds.

7. Thx washed!

8. You are right about ff being outsourced and many ppl are saying the quality has been affected. Not sure i still want to go with ff now. I jaf to use containers and already purchased 30 gallon ones. Now i need to figure out what to fill them with since im not to sure about ff right now.

9. #9 letsgrowit, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    Well...looks like im stuck with ffof because my order has already been shipped to my local store. ( they dont stock it but can order it in from their warehouse) I think i will go with subcools reccomendation of using 2 parts OF and 1 part light warrior from ff. Next yr im gonna try subcools super soil instead i think. Oh well, ill jus find out for myself how good ff is or isnt.