germination impossible!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mosesnumb, Nov 8, 2012.

1. I have one seed i ordered (World of Seeds - killamanjaro) that has been in a shot glass of water for 2 weeks now, a few days ago i even took it out and took the finger nail file to it and gave it a light filing, and other tips or tricks? I would just toss it, but i paid for it soooo.... i wanna grow this biznatch!

By no means am i a noob, don't treat me as one, find me in the organics section.

2. you're not a noob, but you've kept a seed in a shot glass for two weeks? okay.

anyways... didn't mean any offense... butttt time to order another seed from a better breeder. and the way i get 100% germination rate is to either put them straight into peat pods or straight into moist soil (only about a half inch to 3/4 inch deep). keep it moist ( don't drown it... just spray the soil a tiny bit like two times a day ) and it will sprout.

it's only natural. why fix something that isn't broken?

3. [quote name='"mosesnumb"']I have one seed i ordered (World of Seeds - killamanjaro) that has been in a shot glass of water for 2 weeks now, a few days ago i even took it out and took the finger nail file to it and gave it a light filing, and other tips or tricks? I would just toss it, but i paid for it soooo.... i wanna grow this biznatch!

By no means am i a noob, don't treat me as one, find me in the organics section.[/quote]

Well Nooby McNoob Noob, did you??.... I was going to go into how I germ w/ 95% success but you know everything you need to all ready, so if i were you id just keep filing. Good luck?

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud

4. Now i remember why i stay out of the absolute beginners section. Thanks for all the help blades.

5. [quote name='"markjonesss"']you're not a noob, but you've kept a seed in a shot glass for two weeks? okay.

anyways... didn't mean any offense... butttt time to order another seed from a better breeder. and the way i get 100% germination rate is to either put them straight into peat pods or straight into moist soil (only about a half inch to 3/4 inch deep). keep it moist ( don't drown it... just spray the soil a tiny bit like two times a day ) and it will sprout.

it's only natural. why fix something that isn't broken?[/quote]

You act like I've never done this, but the shot glass method has been my preferred germination technique for the last 3 years and has never failed till now, its one of 15 seeds i started, so I'm not terribly upset, but still feel like i wasted money, the other 4 seeds (diff strains) from the same breeder popped within 48hrs. Must be a bunk seed, I'll just leave it in there till either it pops or spills, whatever comes first.

6. You probably have more grow experience than I do, but my understanding is that once the seed sinks you need to remove the seed from the water, otherwise it "drowns". I don't see the point in continuing to germ a seed that's bunk. But that's just me.

In anycase, yay! for organic growers. I'm trying to start a good soil myself. I'll see you around the organic sections.

Good luck with your other fourteen or four (wasn't sure how many you germed) girls!

AZ

7. Thanks AZ, i guess in my experience, i always wait for em to sink, and then normally after they sink, they pop out the taproot within 24 hrs. Then into 5 oz cups they go!

8. just givin ya a hard time. i'm glad you have other seeds going.

for me, though.. the shot glass method has almost NEVER worked for me. but if it's working for you, keep it up!

happy growing :wave: