Germination Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FarmerJohnDoe, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I bought some feminized seeds from Attitude seed bank, threw 3 of them in a cup of distilled water in the dark and after about 24hrs 1 had cracked and sorta sprouted, the next day, the other 2 cracked and also threw out a little root. I then moved them into some rapid rooters in a tray and kept them wet....Trouble is, I turned on the fluorescent lights about 8" above for 24hrs and the hole in the top of the rapid rooter is too big to block all the light. Since then 1 is still growing and the other 2 have stopped.

Did I kill my young seeds by letting light hit the root so early???

PLEASE ADVISE

2. #2 Doc-J, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    I just tear a small piece off the bottom of the rooter and loosely plug the hole.

3. R u using soil? If u r just plant them in the soil after root appears

4. I tore a piece of the rapid rooter off to plug up the hole, but that was after a day of light hitting the cracked seed.
    These are gonna be grown in an ebb and flow system, so no soil

I guess my real question is, will light kill/effect the young, just cracked a day or two ago seedling?

5. I think they are going to be ok dood

6. Yeah, hopefully.
    The 1 good one grows noticeably between the 2x a day I check em, not much action on the other two

I had just thrown these three into a cup of water, they sank after a day and cracked and threw out the tap root on the next day
    I got like 2 of the fruity chronic juice left and 2 other freebies, with those, I'll be following the sticky in this forum with the paper towel method

7. You'll be fine.

PRO-TIP: poke a small hole in the corner of the Rapid Rooted and set your seed pointy side down in the hole, about a centimeter down....no cups of water, paper towels needed