Germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4ganja2green0, Feb 23, 2017.

1. What's up blades?

I've been growing off and on for awhile harvesting some pretty successful crops but I'm running into some issues germinating.

This seems crazy and there plenty of content on how to but I think my problem is with the seeds I purchased from attitude and wanted to see if anyone has had similar issues

I've placed a sizable order looking to find some gems out of the bunches. I've started with a 6 pack of sour kush aka headband from reserve Privada using the good old paper towel method and after a week and a half not one has sprouted a taproot. In the past I've never had a problem germinating getting nearly 100% germ rates using this method.

I don't want to knock attitude as they seem legit on all counts, but anyone have any similar issues and did attitude make it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. As long as you kept the towels wet it should have worked.
    might try another method... i recommend soaking them in a glass of water.
    I am not well versed in seed-banks and have only ordered from two but i think they will try to make it right if you contact them about it.

3. I've probably gotten 35+ seeds from The Attitude and 80%+ have germed.

You should check out what people say about those specific strains. I remember reading that some seeds have thick shells and 'shaving' can be nessicary. Although I don't think I'd ever attempt that out the gate.

4. I always soak them for 12 hrs, if they don't stay down after 12 hrs, they are probably bad

5. I think you are referring to scuffing them and i thought that just sped up germination and not necessarily necessary but i'm not sure. they just lightly scuff them with an emery board or sandpaper but have never done it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You're not soaking them long enough.
    I soak them 12 hours and then poke at 'em to get 'em to sink to the bottom, it takes several days after that for me.

*edit - you mean if they don't sink to the bottom after 12 hours they are likely bad? that makes more sense. my bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the correction.

8. Hehe, I've been meaning to fix that. It should work now.

9. I have heard that you can roll some sandpaper into a tube rough side in, cap the ends with thumb and forefinger with seeds inside and shake em up a bit to scuff them before germing them. Good luck. But contact the seed bank. They may have some advice on the particular seeds you ordered, but should make some sort of effort to resolve the issue.

10. I have probably had around 100 seeds from attitude over the years and I've only had one seed not germinate. I would never submerge my seeds in water, I have seen way too many people kill their seeds by doing that. I put my seeds in the soil and they show themselves in a couple of days

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the replies! I'm a little bummed out I was really looking forward to trying this strain out. I guess on to the sour diesel or OG chem. I sent an email to attitude seeking advice/resolution will keep you folks posted

12. rapid rooters.png Just use rapid rooters - nearly 100% germ rate.
    rapid rooters.png

13. What's up blades

Attitude got back to me promptly still waiting for clarification about a replacement pack of equal value or a refund. Since then I have germinated a 10 pack of sour diesel from Cali connection with all 10 popping with the same method. Not sure if anyone cares but I will still drop an update

• Like Like x 2
  14. I care. It's good to know how places handle certain situations.