Germinating problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Refer Happiness, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Im so scared. My seeds have been germinating for 3 days and I just went to plant them. Unfortunately, in a day, the root tips grew a lot faster than I thought they would. I couldn't properly insert them into my rock wool without bending/twisting the root tips a little bit. I don't believe they snapped but they have to be claster-phobic in there. Out of the 4 seeds germinated...

One root tip was about 1.5 inches long.

One root tip disconnected from the seed shell but looked to be in good condition. Was about 1.5 inches long as well.

The other two seeds had not sprouted a root tip yet and looked a little fuzzy (as if mold was growing on it)

I ended up planting all four seeds in hopes that one of them makes it. I had such a hard time getting a hold of these seeds I don't know what I am going to do in the event they do not sprout :(

GC, please tell me my babies have a chance. I wouldn't be able to live with myself in the tragic event they don't make it.

2. I actually had this happen to me with my last batch. they all sprouted fine 6 for 6. I lost one about a week ago though it had been growing for about 10 weeks and was only about 3.5 inches tall

3. Its normal bro don't worry... My white widow was a super sorry looking seedling and has blossomed into a big and beautiful plant now. The mold looking stuff on the taproot is actually a good thing and is an indicator that the plants are doing ok so far.

Sometimes taproots break and bend and turn colors and can act all kinds of crazy... but if its still growing then everything is going according to plan.