Germinating Problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buzzedupsnowman, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Last week I received 10 seeds from someone and only 3 of them germinated when I used the paper towel method placed on a dish and covered them with saran wrap. For the first 12 hours or so I had them downstairs where it's a bit cooler, so I decided to move them upstairs in a warmer spot and that's when the 3 sent out their tap roots.

The last 7 I left in the towels for about 2 more days. In that time I noticed that two of them were splitting as if they were about to send out a tap root but nothing else happened after a day. Afterwards I placed them in a cup of water, they all sank, and left them in there for about 8 hours before placing them into some root starting cubes.

It's been two days since and they are still not showing any signs of sprouting.

I am about to pick up 10 more seeds from a different person and want to make sure that if I made any mistakes not to repeat them. Any suggestions?

2. Sandwich the seeds between two damp paper towels (not TOO wet, ring them out)
    Place the paper towels with the seeds in them into an air tight (preferably glass) food container and put them under your bed. You should start to see your tap roots within 2 days, maybe 3 and rarely 4. I've had a good turn out!

3. i put three folded (length wise) pieces of paper towel on a plate, saturated with room temp water, then spread the seeds, put the more folded pieces of paper towel on, saturated again (not drenched) and then loosely wrapped them in a shopping bag and put them by my window.100% success my first time

4. Yes, Hawaiian grass is right.

Sounds like you have a great set of tips here. The first starting point is getting things to germinate - not too wet in between a paper towel. When they get big, then it's going to be ready fro the rest of the growing bit.

good luck on this one!