Germinating problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by steM, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Hey,
    I have started a few sees that germinate that at about 1/4 in of root it shrivels up and dies. Think I might be doing something wrong or does this just happen?
    Thanks steM
    White Widow seeds.

2. Sounds like they aren't staying moist enough.

3. dude, if you've got 1/4 in of root showing, plant it! it's already germinated. put it in the ground.

4. Im not an idiot. I planted it. All the others came up. A few didnt. I dug them up and they were shriveled up. No where near 95% success. More like 80%

5. when they say keep your seeds for storage in the right place they mean it !!
    I have been collecting seeds for a long time now mostly bag seeds but some good ones too!! and like a dumb ass I did'nt care what box or closet I kept them in, so after 10-20 yrs I hade a nice stash of seeds about 300-350 seeds.. my friends thought I was the king of the hill with this nice stash
    so now I have my own house and my wife has given me full blessings to start my own grow room (I have 4 herniated discs in my upper back and neck)I need meds(smoke)
    so I set up my room and go and start some seeds , well that was 7-8 weeks ago, first I started with my 6 Afgan BB seeds= nothing, then I thought I would be on the safe side and do 25 at one time, then another 25 well by this time I was getting real pissy
    then it was 50, then another 50 at one time to date I have been trying to start over 250 seeds with my great stash now almost gone I might have no other option but to go and buy some or wait for a buddy to give me some and from what I have seen on the net most seeds shops charge way to much for seeds!!needless to say I'm a dumbass and I'm paying for my stupidness

just a fair warning thats all !!

cheers
    Scooter

6. I have planted 50 - 55 seeds directly in to the propagation tray. I just simply drop them in the holes already in the plugs. You can see the seed, i do not cover it. I use distilled water and I put the light right on top of the tray. Only about an 1/8th of an in. from it. I have only had 3 that did not germinate. My female ratio has not been great, but I've gotten a couple good ones that can be mothers. This is what has worked for me. I,m now using the same tray and light for clones. So far so good there too.

Different things, work for different people. I like the way I do it. For 1, it's been very successful, and 2nd, it's easy. Once they root, just pop it out and put in soil.

7. You should try dr. chronic. look in the seed bank forums. there is a thread on reputable seed banks. I'd stay away from BC Bud Depot. Their quality sucks for the $.
    I'm pretty sure seeds are no good after 5 years, no matter how you store them.

I've got about 1000 in the freezer from my 1st grow. White Rhino. Thought I had 3 females. 1 hermied 3 wks before harvest. I didn't catch it in time. I'll never buy seeds again. Cloneing from now on.

I'm going to spread those seeds out over time. Next spring, I'm going to start spreading them around. I'm gonna be a Johnny weed seed. Throw about 25 here and there. Figure I'll toss them by the court house, and police station. Anywhere public officials will be. Make them deal with what is growing under their noses to keep them busy.