germinating outdoor in soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xXSASquadXx, Sep 26, 2011.

1. i found a break in an irrigation hose, where the water runs down a little hill. so i loosened up the soil and planted seven seeds to germinate. i have no other soil to use. here's a picture of the planted seeds..

[​IMG]

any suggestions?

2. Well, my suggestion is go buy some good soil. They probably won't thrive to well there.

Plus, if it's constantly leaking, and the soil is always saturated, it'll kill your plants.

3. what is your light schedule there? a little late to be planting mj seeds outside.

*edit*... a lot late

4. it only leaks once a day around 6:30, and im already getting some better soil for my other plants. just waiting to get enough money.
    and yeah it's already like 12/12 lighting outside i just want to see how they do. maybe they'll flower while there still small

5. you won't really get anything even if they do survive, but nothing lost.

6. yeah there just seeds i found on my floor so its not like im wasting much

7. the water came and took out that mound. so i built a better one lower down

8. It's really unlikely that you're get anything. They will veg for a few weeks until they are mature, even under 12/12, then the rains will probably come before they have a chance to produce any buds. That's if they even grow. In my experience most plants can tell if they are planted too late in the season and will just wither and die shortly after sprouting. But I guess it's a goo learning experience if they do pop. Hopefully you have more seeds to try again next year (or indoors). But outdoors is a lot cheaper and easier for a new grower.

9. yeah i can get loads of seeds. and i am growing one indoor and two outdoor right now, not including those germinating. just trying to get a little more if i can because there all small