germinating in root riot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vampirion, Mar 1, 2020.

1. so im trying to germinate seeds into root riots for the first time and i have some questions, my seed are now into root riots with 5ml ph6.6 water added in every sponge,i also put a piece of special wet cloth under the tray just to keep humidity high inside the dome, my main question is how often should i water the seeds? i know it has to keep moist, but im afraid of overwatering them, is it ok to add water every 10-12hours?
    any tip about germinating my root riot seeds successfully would be very much apriciated ty :)

2. I soak my rooters in tap water and squeeze out the excess......never measured the amount.
    I add a few drops with a dropper a couple of times a day......just enough to keep the rooter a dark brown and not dry.
    I also don't use a dome or a heater.......I put them in a drawer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bingo @MickFoster ! That's what I do too.
    Tap water, squeeze it out. But I'm a bit lazier than you and wrap mine in cling film before I put them in the drawer so I don't need to water again :)
    Check every 12 hours till the shell pops then onto the next bit.
    Lazy is the way forward haha it works every time :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. so the temp in the dome is about 30C and the humidity is quite high (imo above 80%) is there danger for my seeds to rot and not sprout at all in these conditions? did i do good to give a bit of air to the dome?

5. Domes are for clones......not seeds.

6. without the dome the riots will dry out in a few hours...