Germinating- how long to wait before deciding seeds are bad?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by virginharvester, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Germinating three strains and it's end of third day. All seeds of two strains cracked and showed root stem on second day but not a single seeds has cracked of the other strain yet. What's about the longest it should take til you decide the seeds might be bad?

2. Some seeds can take over a week. What method are u using, cup of water, paper towel, directly in soil, rooter/cube?

3. wet paper towel inside baggie sitting on a plate; plate on top of dvd player- plate stays warm, not hot; towel is draped over plate to make sure it stays dark.

Just hearing it can take a week lets me know I still have plenty of time. It's only one strain not breaking open so maybe they're slower.... or old. :eek:

Thanks.

4. try putting another plate/bowl over the seeds so the moisture doesnt escape, which is what the towel will do.

wait u said its in a baggie haha, i dunno man, i just put the seeds between paper towels damp, put it on a plate with a bowl over the top, longest ive waited for the seeds to crack is 48hrs.