Germinating Help!!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cjblazer, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys so i put my seeds in the water about 3 days ago and they havent popped :(...I can tell that they swelled up, but no roots. Im started to get worried. Keep in mind these are just bag seeds, but i havent done anything to make them not pop. The reason im using 3 is because im doing a PC Grow and i didnt wanna use all my seeds..think i should toss a few more in?:confused:
    thanks~chris:D

Attached Files:

2. Since you're using a tuppaware container anyway, I suggest using less water and tossing a coffee filter in there, dampening it completely and placing the seeds inbetween the filter. Place the cover on, and place it in a warm dark area. In 12-36 hours if they are viable seeds you should have a solid tap root.

Keep in mind, the weather right now (at least where I am) is very cold, so starting seeds is a slower than normal process. If you have a heating pad or something that would help. Or place it ontop of your computer, a refrigerator, etc.

3. Why not just try putting some in soil?

4. Okay so i switched my containers to a smaller one, so less water. I couldnt find a coffee filter because only one person drinks coffee in my house and we are out...any alternatives? Found my heating pad too so ill put in a dark space with it on.

5. If you can't find coffee filters a paper towel sheet will do fine, I prefer coffee filters though just because they are finer, and there is less of a chance of the root growing into the fiber. I've never had an issue either way though, my success rate germinating this way is extremely high.

6. Yeah, that's about right. Try to sandwich the paper towel so there's a layer above and below the seeds. Also to make sure the right amount of water is there, add water to the tuppaware container until it's all soaked up, then let it all drain out. Put the cap on and let it sit on the heating pad. Check on it every 6-12 hours, open it up, and rehydrate the paper towel if needed. You should have roots within a day or two.

7. by drain it out do you mean pour the excess water out? so its just the soaked paper towel in there?

8. thanks man really helped a lot, ill post the results!:hello: