Germinated

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by turbohacker, Jul 16, 2006.

1. ok, two of my seeds have sprouted, i've put them in pots, damped the soil etc.

Now my question is.... do i leave it in light or do i continue to leave it in darkness untill it breaks the surface?

Cheers

2. i always cover then with some of the plastic wrap and put a rubber band to keep it on there so it keeps the moisture in it, and i usually leave it in the dark until it it breaks the surface but thats just the way i do it, it works good everytime, you just have to keep the moisture in the pot or cup wherever you put the seed

3. ok hows this?

two airtight freezer bag thingys lol... =)

Attached Files:

4. yeah that should work just fine, imo

5. i am also growing for my first time and my seeds just germinated.i was wondering when to start putting light on the plant and if the light my friend used for his chameleon cage would be ok

6. Your name is well chosen.

And I am sure you cannot be serious.

7. Try reading the grow faq and guide.

8. As for light:

From Grandpa's Grow Guide.
    So, as Grandpa stated, no light is needed until the sprouts are sprouted. ;)

And no, the chameleon light won't cut it. Fluorescents or High Intensity Discharge lights (metal halide or high pressure sodium) are your best choices currently.

9. come on man if you realy wanted to grow some herb show some effert we wont sit here and hold you hand while we read the grow guide to you.;)

10. I was told to leave the light on so the plant goes to find the light!

11. \

yeah he said you dont need any light untill the plant breaks the surface. but after the plant breaks the surface you should give it some light from a good bulb, CFL or HID not the heat lamp from a snake cage.

peace, and good luck on your first grows