Germinated Seed Not Sprouting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Puppy Whirl, Jun 2, 2009.

1. So I germinated 7 seeds of mine using the paper towel method, by the time they were ready to plant most of them had a taproot at least twice the length of the seed, so they were definitely ready to plant.

I went to my growspot (outdoors) and put them in little indents in the soil in the holes I'd dug, and covered them up.

It's been 3 days since then, and there's been no rain so each day I go to the spot and pour probably 1/5th of a standard bottle of water on each spot.

There still aren't any sprouts coming up yet :confused:

I'm pretty sure I'm not pouring enough water to drown the seeds, since when I come back the soil is dry, that's why I keep watering.

Do seeds usually take this long to sprout into seedlings?

2. Any responses?

I've read all the stickies and stuff, mainly just wondering if it's possible that well-germinated seeds won't sprout for whatever?

3. ok a few points on that.

Don't let the tap root get so long. it only needs to be about 1/2 an inch or so.

Whne u plant, make sure the medium isn't too cold. putting a sprounted into cold dirt can kill it.

Make sure the meduim is nutrient- free

Also just plant just under the surface, when i plant i use a pencil to make a small hole and only just cover the seed end at the top with a little soil.

Watering sounds ok.

Also u might try putting some cling film over the top of the pots to keep in moisture until they sprout, acts like a mini green house.

4. As a side note, when u use the paper towel method, you can double your sprout time and efficeiency by placing the saucer ontop of a computer tower or dvd player.
    The warmth from the unit sprouts seeds very quick.

Mine is on top of a Digital Set-top box, as it's always on. Works great, i've seen roots after 6 hours.