Germinated Seed In Soil ???? HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jrsmith1491, Feb 22, 2011.

1. I have planted my germinated seeds in soil and have had 5 cfls on them for 3 days no sprouts yet should I change schedule?????

2. You dont have to have to have the lights on them until they pop dude. Usually they pop in about 3 days, but some can take a little longer depending on alot of things.

3. yea, i keep lights off till they sprout. as long as soil is "warmish" and just moist enough (dont over moisten.drown..) they should pop like above post mentioned ~3dayz or so. wk tops.

4. For freshly germinated and planted seeds you want the soil to always be moist NOT soaked a good trick to do is put like a plastic zip bag over the container to lock in that moisture and warmth. Turn lights on once they have sprouted.

5. agreed on the plastic baggies, thats always a great idea, and I also put them on a heating pad on a low setting. I haven't grown too many plants, but I've never had one not sprout using this method.

6. I guess you planted them a little too deep lol ...

Don't worry - mother nature will win in the end :)

7. Yes, definately patience. I had 3 peat pots that I had moved off and hadn't been watering since they hadn't sprouted in a over a week and this morning they finally showed their helmet heads. I was going to replace the soil tonight and I guess I don't have to now :)