Germinated seed and still no sign of sprout? HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jordan09, May 10, 2013.

1. #1 Jordan09, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    j

2. have u been watering it? if so, how much and how often? just give it time.

3. I watered the soil till it dripped through the bottom of the container when I first planted the seed. And I'll put a shot of water on the soil if it looks dry on top

4. let it dry out 1-2 inches below surface b4 watering again. only moisten, don't soak

5. How long has it been? Sometimes they're shy and take a bit. I'm a newb, so I could be wrong, but sometimes my seedlings took a bit longer.

6. Tomorrow will be the third day. I have lighting cycle on 18 on 6 off.

7. just make sure ph is good and not overwatering. good luck with that miracle grow.

8. lighting makes no difference until they break soil

9. Will it grow in the "potting mix"?

10. if it has those time release nutes. it will probably be an uphill battle

11. I've always had a great success rate with rockwool in a dome on a heater unless it's already warm where you're at.

12. Another question. Does it matter what wattage the cfl is until it sprouts? I have two 14 watt cfls on the soil right now and once it sprouts and grows a little I was going to go higher on wattage

13. repeat

14. Ok, so it only needs heat and moisture....?

15. Until they break the soil, no light is required. BUT as soon as u see it poking thru the soil, its best to get the light as close to it as u can without cooking it, so that it does not stretch!

16. Yes only heat and moisture.. which is why most people use a humidity dome and heat mat.

17. correct. temp 75F rh 60-70%

18. he was repeating what he previously said, not asking u to repeat lol

19. I had a double post there. Thanks for clearing that up for me Ive been a little paranoid. Mine is currently in a mason jar on about day 3 tmrw as well actually... I have not watered it and only opened it once. The soil was moist and there is moisture inside the glass. Can I leave it sealed? Do I need to let fresh air in? At sight of sprout (from the ground) I plan to transplant outside. Any tips as well?

Thanks

20. lol!!!!!