germinate

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shawn4216, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I soaked seeds in a paper towel for 24 then put it in soil under 45w cfl here's a pic will this work dose it need air thanks

Attached Files:

2. #2 capitate, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
    Yes it needs air. What it doesn't need is any pastic dome. That keeps air out. Why do people make sprouting a pot seed so damn complicated?

3. #3 shawn4216, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    So should I take the dome off or just "burp" it

4. i have never germinated without a paper towel, but i would think that it doesn't really need that light until it pops out. its just what i think... don't turn it off based on what i say.

5. #5 shawn4216, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Should I take the light off too

6. Keep the lights on in-case it sprouts ;) and the sprout gonna go to the light!

7. I've always just used a jiffy start box thing to sprout. Seems to work pretty good for me.

[​IMG]

I have germed them in paper towels, or just planted straight into the jiffy starters. I leave the lid on and make sure they have a bit of moisture, and keep them in a dark warm area until they come out of the soil, then put them under a light and remove the lid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 capitate, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
    I sprout in paper towels, very moist, on a dish covered with plastic wrap and a dark towel. Its fun to peek and watch em crack and the taproot emerge. As soon as I see the taproot I plant into soil/pearlite/vermiculite mix, root down, barely cover and put the lights on. plant whiile the root is less than 1/2 inch. KEEP very moist.

Brand new seedlings cannot dry out. The first few days they are very vulnerable to cold.

Sometimes they fall over dead for no reason you can see. I've also seen them lay down and then stand up again. I've seen them put out three seed leaves, then three little regular leaves, then just sit there and do nothing. I've seen them put out seed leaves and then do nothing. Sometimes they make perfectly healthy tiny useless plants.

But I love growing from seeds. most of them do just fine if you provide what they want.

9. Yea they cracked a little and I put them down (spike) down

10. How did you stop them from drying out?

11. I doubt you'll get an answer......lol.
    The guy you quoted hasn't been seen in over 6 years, and this thread is over 10 years old.

12. I’ve used paper towel method in the past and you just add a few drops of water to the paper towel each day until it sprouts. I put mine in between two dark plates, one upside down over the other.

• Funny Funny x 1