Germanation problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cash407, Apr 27, 2009.

1. My first batch of seeds during germanation where a success I used the paper towel method which out of the 20 seeds, 17 spouted. But now i've done the same method for the next 20 seeds and its day 2 no sprouts. What do yall think???? What should I do??????????

2. give it a little longer just keep the paper towels evenly moist sometimes it just takes longer then others. GL

3. Okay because I got them from a seed bank and the ones they gave me for free are doing just fine but the ones I purchased are the ones that are not sprouting. How much longer do I have to keep them in the papertowel I don't want them to rot.

4. keep them in the paper towels until they sprout, they shouldn't rot unless there sitting in water seeds can take days to germ sometimes which breeder are the strains from?

5. amsterdam marijuana seeds... Have you heard of them. The paper towel is wet that they are in

6. damp is the word you need, wet is well.... probably too wet.

I ordered from the amsterdam seed bank my first time got 10 & 10

the freebies sprouted the bought ones didn't

just keep them dark 'n' moist 75-80f you should be fine

and make sure you measure the temp

thats what i did with the paper towel method and it worked fine.

GL

7. Well I just squeezed the excess water from the papertowels I think the papertowels were to wet. It's been two days and nothing!!!! I'm going to wait another couple of days thery should have sprouted by then. What did you do about the ones that didnt sprouted were you compensated? I spent good money on these seeds. Is amsterdam seed bank a good place to order from

8. Well I think they were good, even the free seeds produced some very mild soothing smoke.

I didn't even ask them for compensation - lets face they aren't responsible for our mistakes:cool:

check out my link for the same probs
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/363764-how-germinate-how-not-germinate.html

also here
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/367781-paper-towel-germination-method.html#post4320290

N E hoo - I've been successful since follo0wing the advice in those threads..... obviously i read heaps and asked questions

Peace man:smoking:

9. you should plant the ones that didn't pop...i use a combination of soaking in a glass of water and paper towels to get my seeds to pop and with my last grow a few hadn't popped after all of this so i planted them just the same and they actually sprouted.

10. I always prefer planting seeds in soil.