germanating question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sticky icky bud, Aug 22, 2009.

1. I just read a tutorial on how to germanate my seeds but i do not have any paper towels. are paper napkins alright? also the little white thing poking out of the seed, is this the like the root or something? does it go into the ground or should it be poking out of the ground?

2. Napkin will work fine. Yes, that is the root, put it facing down if you want, the sprout will find it's way. Typically.

3. Yes napkins will work like the other guys said. Make sure you cover your plate with saran wrap. (clear cling wrap). This is importatn! You need humidity with your seeds. So something warm at the bottom of the plate, and cover it with saran wrap. (poke a couple holes in the saran wrap for air)

4. Yeah, you don't need anymore advice on how to germinate the seed. you've already done it. the white thing coming out is the taproot of your plant. just keep it in the napkin for a day or so till that thing gets like a 1/4 inch long. put it root down in the soil or medium like morden said and it will sprout. good work.