Germanating "Q"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Greenbudlover, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Can i use a heating pad made for beds, backs and stuff ? and Should i wrap thje pad aorund the paper towel or shuld i just have the pad on top of it or have the seeds and paper towel on top of it ? any answer ?

2. A good idea, IMHO.

3. #3 champloo, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    Ive thought about doing this, but i dont have heating pad anymore cause i had a rabbit that bit the cord in half.

I think(no wait, i know) it would work. On low, with the seeds on top of it.

4. Yea only probley is i gotta stay awake for 2 days straightcuz if i dont it lmgiht turn its self off becuz i cant change the timer

5. First, I wouldn't wrap the heating element around the paper towel unless it's specifically designed to be water resistant. A lot of those heating pads are just pieces of fabric with wires running through them. Maybe put your paper towel in a ziplock then wrap the heating pad around the sealed bag.

Second, I would set a thermometer inside the pad and let it sit for a few hours then get the temp. I doubt the pad would create too much heat buildup but you never know, if I remember right high 70s to low 80s is the best temp for germination!

Good luck!!
    Indica Kid

6. Yea I was thinking that it might catch on fire or something cause of the water.

7. just pot the bag or plastic box whatever you use, on the back of a tv or audio amplifier or whatever brings you low heat, and use that.

8. Or on top of the black radiator behind your fridge/freezer.

9. That really isn't necessary just get two damp paper towels, put your seeds in them, fold them up, put them in a plastic bag, and water a little every day, and check everyday for a crack.

10. Quickest way to germinate any seed is pt em straight into a cup of water and put in the dark, like a cupoard. "-3 days later you'll have little 'sperms' and just transplant.........
    Forget all the heated bullshit. Mind you, I do put my cups on top of ballasts and it does speed it up. Some people put them in towels first, then in the water and vice versa. Carefull with heat and paper towels too as years ago when I was a noob I only put them in an airing cupoard where the boiler was, thinking it'd be nice and warm. The next day I went there and they'd completely dried up.
    Stick em in a cup of water and leave em somewhere room temp.

11. #11 Greenbudlover, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    so i shuld use water that only feels wet maybe a tad wamrish , my computer drawer shuld work its like 1 foot tals and a foot wide and i assume its a dark place :p how many seeds can i have in one cup ? Or how bout uner a chair cuz its gets cold in my room and i have parents so upstairs ghallway is always average temp there a chair i culd stick it under its shader but not compeltely darkk wut can i do ?

12. Yeah, thats perfect. You can put loads of seeds in, y'know- like how bigs your cup? I always do this and its tried and trusted. It is also the preferred method of greenhouse seeds. Pop it in luke warm water and maybe put a book over the top if light gets in. If not pop in and wait for 'tails to pop out. Are you transplanting into rockwool or soil?

13. Seeds need 2 things - warmth - 75 to 80F - and moisture.

14. Seeds need temps above 50f 70-80 is just more preferred for speed.

15. I have little paper cups that are like a inch tall then have a red party cups and then i have some average glass idk 5-8 inches tall (clear class)

16. The party cups will do. Fill two thirds with tap water and leave them in the dark. Dont worry if they sink, they can its fine.

17. +rep for all your help thanks man i needa start maknig my dealers give em good mature seeds tho :p

18. How have they got on?(seeds)

19. I think i started to early =[ ohh well ill jsut get mroe haha maybe these ones acn do it some of em look to e getting fatter and two of them have " little sperms"

20. they are germinating, u can transplant as soon as as u get little tails. b patient too as some seeds take 2 weeks!!