german engineering appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Nov 25, 2009.

1. putting the e30 in the shop for the winter, got some plans for her while she's inside too.

gonna pull the engine and get it on a stand. then rebuild/build for turbo. and then i'll probably sell it in the spring.

2. My dream car is a e39 m5 but i cant find any with somewhat low milesSent from my LG-LS720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Love me some german engineering.

Heres my love...86 Jetta 350k+ miles and going strong. Orginial 8v.

20130703_060806_20130703082246155.jpg

Twas bone stock when I got it, and my plan was to make it how I think it shouldve came from the factory. This meant slight up upgrades but nothing fancy. I am very happy with it so far.

4. My latest obsession...

[​IMG]

5. The only German car I'd ever go out of my way to own...HAS to be diesel too.

Attached Files:

6. Owner of a '13 VW TB. 200 hp and fun on a bun. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [​IMG]

i love this car so much.

8. No porsche lover? No flat 6 turbo?

Saving right now for a gt2 or 996 model.

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2O5qJDtvM0

10. This would be extremely satisfying to own

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I don't think any redneck would be driving an Audi Q7...

12. #435 Tomason, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014

A golden q7 is the german equivalent to a lifted F350. 404 class not found  :p

13. BMW's back in the days were really nicely built cars with everything metal under the hood. Now 1999 and above went to plastics under the hood. Very good built cars back in the day that would last a very long time with high miles on it but now things will go wrong with them and are very expensive to fix. A 1999 bmw with relatively high miles on it RUN AWAY. Lol even some bmw's don't even have a engine oil dipstick to check the oil. 

14. I know this isn't the right thread at all but i cant find a straight answer for the life of me my chainring on my bike is literally a mm away from my frame should i be worrying about this?

everythings but an illusion

15. I heart my loaded 2012 Audi A6 with the tron LED headlights (I had an older A8 that I still miss, but it got totaled by a fucktard in a dry cleaning van..), plus my Volcano Digit ;) .

16. lol I just read your comment and thought, the fuck have I become I used to know everything about German cars and I've never heard of volcano digit by audi :laughing: still a little sleepy I guess :D

Fun fact: audi is derived from audio because the founders name was horsch which sounds like hear in German

BOOYA

17. figure i'll bump my old thread for all things german. since this thread sorta "died", i've sold the 318i to fund a move to NOLA unfortunately, moved back to maine, bought and sold an '88 325iS, and bought an '87 325iS and an '89 325iX sedan. i've been trying to sell the 325iS for awhile now, but no luck yet. oh well. the 325iX is a fucking phenomenal car, especially in it's snowy/icy element. the iX's all wheel drive system is unequaled by any other manufacturer's all wheel drive systems.

this was sometime in may, the car on the right is a 318iS that belonged to my friend, the other two are mine.
    [​IMG]

this is from the day after the last decent snowstorm we had:

[​IMG]

i swapped an mtechnic 1 steering wheel into my iX, and plan on adding an mtechnic rear decklid spoiler from an e28, too. my iX is in very good shape considering the price i got it for. that's why i decided to sell my previous dream e30, the '87 325iS, so that i can focus my time and money into restomodding the 325iX. eventually plan on a 5 speed swap and hopefully a '90s 24v bmw straight six if i can source a euro 525iX oil pan (the oil pan was designed so the front axles go through it). this is the e30 i don't plan on ever selling.