Germ.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sparkdatzoot, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ok, now im no noobie on how to grow a plant (not saying im good either) but had a successful outdoor/greenhouse white widow grow last summer.

Now, the thing is i bought 10 seeds last year and only got 5 plants (feminised seeds), the others didnt hatch. Now i just did bang it in a small pot of soil about 1cm under soil.

BUT NOW

ive got 2 feminised blueberry seeds, i need them both to germinate otherwise i wasted my money.

ANY SUREFIRE ways on how to 100% germinate a seed?

i tried before in the airtight case with damp tissue but it went moldy?

Thanks

2. yep put on tissues(not scented)3-4 tissues top & bottom ,wet by misting tissues 1st, then put seeds on ,try not too touch them with your hands,either roll em on or use pincers. now get another 3-4 sheets of tissues mist thoroughly & lay across on top. (+ SHAPE) the + being the tissues,lol..
    now gently press down on seeds through the tissues(I MEAN VERY GENTLY,SO TISSUES ARE TOUCHING SEEDS),put 1st set of tissues on small plate & seeds on ,2nd set tissues ,press down now put a soup plate on top of small plate with your seeds.

get a shoebox or similar & put over plates & put somewhere with a little heat & dark,then wait brother & within 3 days they WILL sprout their taproots.........

ps; done blueberry seeds myself will show quickly,but mind just a little heat...

3. You can always drop the seeds in a glass of water and wait :). Chances of it molding are very low.
    Also, use tapwater - boil it
    - let the water stay uncovered for the night

Im at the process of germinating too, but my first plant, The towel method backfired and ive lost quite alot of seeds. A new batch of seeds are resting in water and seem to be doing fine, i hope they germ

4. what are the signs of a good seed in the water? float or sink?

ty

5. float at the start then will sink later, i did this with feminised seeds, and then when they sunk put them in paper towerl till i saw a tap root, then planted in soil.

6. I have heard float or sink does not really mean anything. My last 10 seeds I had 8 that had roots from the water method and then set them in paper towel for a day or so to let the roots grow a few more cms.

7. Soak seeds in water for 24 hours

Fill red solo cup with soil

Water soil

Place seed into soil about 1/4 inch down lightly put soil on top

Cover cup with plastic wrap

Place cup under lights and in 24-48 there will be a sprout