Germ to lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dirty Droski, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Hello

I am germing some seeds with the paper towel method, and i need to know if when i place my seeds in soil if i should have my lights on?

Thanks
    Droski

2. Don't use paper towel you will damage your roots, just soak in water for 12 hours, stick it 1/2cm deep in soil, water and leave alone. Yeah I put the lights on to help them find their way up and out.

3. I personally don't germ my seeds i put them straight in to the soil an wait. No point in wasting power having lights on before they sprout so as soon as i see them break the surface is lights on...

4. Hey goldennug, how long do wait for them to sprout before you discard them?

5. I have just put 4 auto seeds in 5 gal pots last night an they are just sitting in my room until i put my tent up later on. Mine usually pop there heads up between 3 to 6 days but it can take up to 9 or 10 days.. How deep are you planting your seeds?

6. Im planting them about a half an inch, are you planting seeds in a 5 gal i thought u should first pit them in a small pot then transfer them is that not nessesary

7. Your good with half inch.. Yup i go straight in to 5 gal pots but only cos i grow automatic strains.. They don't like being transplanted but you are correct to transplant with photoperiod strains..