Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Germ Freak smoking consideration...?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by np19, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Hello. This is my first post here, so please move the thread if it should be in another place..

So, I've been smoking for about a year now, and I am what you'd call, an occasional "germ freak" during the questionable months of the year, when I feel comfortable enough to show it. Sometimes, when the situation calls for it, you're smoking with people outside your close circle, and you don't know where their mouths have been.. I am uncomfortable hitting a pipe after people that I'm not in frequent contact with and don't know whether or not they could/have be/been sick.
    My question is, what is polite and what is not?
    I feel it's rude to blatantly light the tip of the piece after someone else hits it, but I'd like to (with permission).
    What is proper group smoking consideration when you don't want peoples' dirty germs?

Forgive me for the length of this, I am a female, we ramble.
    Thank you.

2. i know they have the wipes on the store here . check them out .

3. Just be straight up and tell your circle that your a germaphobe.

4. If there:s some body sick in the group, i burn the mouthpiece with the lighter. Heat kills germs so in my high mind it is germ free. Whether or not it works idk, but ive only gotten sick 3 times in the last 2 years, so maybe it works?

5. as long as people are getting baked, i dont think they will really even notice it as a big deal

6. Haha okay, thank you guys. I guess I should just try to feel more self-entitled to my germ-paranoia tendencies.

7. I wipe the mouth piece on my shirt me before and after each hit out of habit because its just polite I guess haha not really worried about germs.

8. I always wipe off the mouth piece before I hit it

9. As long as they don't slobber all over it I don't say anything it's not a really big deal. All my friends who smoke know how to take a hit correctly. Make sure your lips are dry before you hit it, I kinda curl them in so most of the outer edges of my lip hit the mouth.

It's never been an issue for me, I never understood the logic behind people who are so freaked out about germs. Do you kinds of people even realize how many dirty, disgusting, filthy germs are in your mouth right now? I'm sure taking a hit from a shared piece won't kill you. Unless the people you're smoking with have sores and or cuts on their lips and they're slobbering all over it and they have aids/hiv or another transferable disease, I'm sure you'll be fine.

10. this is standard procedure in a lot of urban areas.

like in WHorlando where 1 in 3 or 4 people have STDs

11. Just tell everyone not to ****** lip that shit.
    Or I guess if you don't know what that means, don't puck you're lips out and slobber all over it.

12. just light the tip. if they give u a funny look be like" i dont want yo cack sucking germs bro" or just say ur a germaphobe. nobody cares if you are cause it doesnt make a damn difference at all if you are. just means your prly cleaner so thats a good thing lol